About the College of Business
Purposeful. Bold. Credible. Creative. Servant.
Here you will attend a college of business that is built upon a distinctive foundation: a commitment to the development of future business leaders who embrace the virtues and values of Jesus.
You will be immersed in an environment of challenging and rigorous academic programs, with an emphasis on the convergence of business and technology, and with a caring community of professors who invest themselves into the lives and futures of each student. Plus, in a world filled with ethical failings at all levels of business, you will be asked to think about some of the tougher ethical issues involving business governance.
Fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, one of the two largest business accrediting bodies in the world, Lipscomb University’s College of Business is recognized throughout the region and the nation as an outstanding source of highly skilled and trustworthy business leaders.
The college has earned a top position nationally as a leader in faith-based business education. While we’re proud of that, as a college that is built differently we’re even more proud as we see our graduates leave us to change the world ... in corporate life, in entrepreneurship, in innovative social enterprises that are improving lives globally. Sometimes these grads make great business headlines, sometimes they’re the behind-the-scenes workers that all businesses depend upon and upon whom great businesses are built.
But they’re all part of the legacy of a college of business that has been built not just to propel the success of its graduates but also to celebrate the success of faithful adherence to eternal principles.
Key things to know
- Top 10 Undergraduate Business Schools to Watch in 2020 (Poets&Quants)
- #1 Undergraduate Business Program in TN, Top 100 in the Nation (Poets&Quants) - 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017
- Top 50 National Ranking for Part-time MBA Program (Bloomberg/Businessweek)
- #1 Accounting program in TN and top 5% in the Nation (College Factual) - 2021
- #1 Accounting program in TN and top 10% in the Nation (College Factual) - 2020, 2019 and 2018
- #1 Christian Accounting program in TN, #2 program in the Nation (Christian Universities Online) - 2019, 2018 and 2017
- #1 Accounting College for Veterans in TN and Top 10% in the Nation (College Factual) - 2019
- #2 Best College for Finance and Accounting in TN (Niche Best Colleges) - 2019
- #1 Undergraduate Business Program in TN, Top 100 in the Nation (Bloomberg/Businessweek) - 2017 and 2016
- Top 50 marketing program in the Nation (College Choice) - 2016
- #2 Part-time MBA program in TN, Top 50 in the Nation (Bloomberg/Businessweek) - 2015
- The following programs of study are fully accredited by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP):
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Accountancy (MAcc)