Meet the Firm and Meet the Firm Lite
Meet the Firm is a special opportunity for accounting and finance students to enhance their professional skills and meet employers; this event is held each fall.
Meet the Firm Lite is an opportunity for sophomore and junior accounting students to learn about summer leadership opportunities; this event is held each spring.
Meet the Firm Lite 2023 will be hosted in the George Shinn Event Center on Wednesday, February 15 from 4:00-5:30 PM. All sophomore, junior and senior students majoring in accounting and finance are expected to attend.
The below information is for current Lipscomb students. If you are an employer seeking information about recruiting Lipscomb students - please view our employer information page HERE or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet the Firm is an annual, fall semester event connecting accounting and finance students with firms and companies that offer internships and full-time roles. To see if you are eligible to attend, please select the Who Should Attend menu below and view the Meet the Firm requirements.
Meet the Firm Lite is an annual, spring semester event for sophomore and junior accounting students to learn more about summer leadership opportunities, which are one-to-three day programs offered by accounting firms to engage with students. All sophomore and junior accounting students are expected to attend this event.
Meet the Firm Lite 2023 will be hosted in the George Shinn Event Center on Wednesday, February 15 from 4:00-5:30 PM.
How to Participate
To participate in the Meet the Firm or Meet the Firm Lite event, a student must complete five steps. Should you have any questions about anything in this process, please contact Hannah Jones at email@example.com or 615.966.5314. We are here to help you!
Below is the timeline for the Spring 2023 Meet the Firm Lite event. If you missed these deadlines but would still like to participate, please reach out to Hannah Jones.
Step One: NOW-February 8: Register for the event on Handshake; submit your initial resume and register for a prep session HERE.
Step Two: By February 8: Initial Resume due HERE.
- Please see examples and resources below and in our RESUME PACKET
- Send a Word file saved in this format: LastName, FirstName.doc
Step Three: By February 10: Professional headshot due to Hannah Jones. Need a new headshot? Sign up to have a professional photo taken by Davis Brown via the link sent in the College of Business Newsletter.
Step Four: February 8-14: Attend ONE mandatory Meet the Firm Lite Prep Session. Please see available sessions and register HERE.
Step Five: After the event: Apply to open positions and participate in on-campus recruiting or other interviews.
Who Should Attend Meet the Firm?
- All officially declared sophomore, junior, and senior accounting majors are required to attend unless you have already accepted an offer for full-time employment for 2023 or beyond.
- If you have accepted an internship offer for the summer of 2023 or beyond, you nevertheless are encouraged to attend to build your network and explore internship opportunities for other semesters.
- Communicate with the firm where you have accepted an internship to ensure they are supportive of your attendance at the event — they usually are.
- Senior accounting majors who do not have internships or full-time jobs lined up should plan to attend.
- Senior accounting majors who do have full-time jobs lined up may attend by speaking with Nicole Anderson.
- Senior students of any other major who are planning to pursue the MAcc should discuss their plans to attend with Dr. Perry Moore.
- All officially declared senior and junior finance majors are required to attend.
- Sophomores enrolled in FI 2303 or FI 3703 in Fall 2022 should plan to attend. Please discuss plans to attend with Nicole Anderson.
- Create a one-page resume using resources in the Resume Creation Packet.
- Resume Examples
- Creating Bullet Points (see No. 7 on Resume Creation Worksheet)
Submit your one-page resume for initial review at the link above. Please send in MS Word format and include your first and last name in the file name. You will receive editing suggestions by email to begin the process of refining your resume. If you desire, you may schedule an appointment or phone conversation to discuss ideas for resume improvement.
Have a headshot taken of yourself in professional, business attire — jacket and tie for men; jacket and blouse for women. Use a solid, neutral background. You may take the photograph on a smartphone (send by email and choose "actual size") or have it taken professionally. Need a new headshot? Sign up to have a professional photo taken by Davis Brown via the link sent in the College of Business Newsletter. Be sure to email your photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10.
Required Attire & General Tips
Men's Professional Dress
- Dark dress suit in black, navy or gray
- White or light blue starched dress shirt
- Conservative tie
- Polished dress shoes and dress socks
Women's Professional Dress
- Dress suit – pants or skirt - or a conservative dress
- Pressed blouse in a light color
- Polished, closed toe matching dress pumps
- Limit jewelry – stud earrings recommended
- Avoid dark or bright nail polish – short nails recommended
- Complete company research prior to the event
- Try not to visit your top target company first
- No gum
- Review the elevator pitch document
On-Campus Recruiting & Academic Transcripts
On-Campus Recruiting is a tool for employers to meet with students. Not all firms participate in On-Campus Recruiting. If a firm is not participating in the On-Campus Recruiting process, they will contact you directly to set up interviews at their offices or virtually.
If a firm is participating in On-Campus Recruiting that means that interviews with that firm will take place on Lipscomb's campus and you will coordinate with Nicole Anderson to schedule the interview using Handshake.
More details about On-Campus Recruiting and how to use Handshake to sign up for interview slots will be shared at the Preparation Sessions and via email to registered students.
Some employers request a copy of your academic transcript. If you need help accessing your academic transcript for employers, please follow these steps. Go to My Lipscomb > All Apps > Student Portal > Academics > Unofficial Transcript. If you are having issues accessing your transcript, please reach out to Hannah Jones.