College of Business Career Fairs
The College of Business offers several Career Fair opportunities for students to meet employers. These events are a great way for our graduate and undergraduate students to build a network and search for a job or internship.
Career Fair 2022 will be hosted in the George Shinn Event Center on Wednesday, February 9 from 4:30-6:00 PM. All College of Business students seeking internships and full-time roles are encouraged to attend.
The below information is for current Lipscomb students. If you are an employer seeking information about recruiting Lipscomb students - please view our employer information page HERE or contact email@example.com.
Spring 2022 Career Fair Event
For College of Business Students
This spring, we are hosting our largest recruiting event open to all undergraduate business majors and graduate business students in the George Shinn Event Center. The College of Business Career Fair will be on Wednesday, February 9 from 4:30-6:00 PM. All details about the event are below, on Handshake, and will also be communicated to students via email.
To participate in a Career Fair event, a student must complete six steps. Should you have any questions about anything in this process, please contact Nicole Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615.966.5314. We are here to help you!
Step One: Perfect Your Resume
- NOW through February 4 at Noon: Initial Resume due
- Submit your resume HERE
- Please see examples and resources on the event web page below or on Handshake
- Submit a Word file saved in this format: LastName, FirstName.doc
Step Two: Register for the Event on Handshake
- NOW through February 5: Register for the event on Handshake
- Event will be held in person following all COVID procedures outlined by Lipscomb
Step Three: Attend a Prep Session
- January 30 - February 8: Attend ONE mandatory Career Fair Prep Session if you did not participate in a Career Connection in-person recruiting event last fall
- There will be seven sessions offered - hosted in Swang 200 or Swang 264 (rooms will be noted in the confirmation Google Calendar invitation)
- Register for a Prep Session HERE or when you submit your resume
Step Four: Prepare by Researching Companies
- Resources will be shared with registered students via email
- Handshake also has a wealth of knowledge about each company on the Company Profiles
Step Five: Present Yourself Well at the Career Fair
- We will share tips and answer questions about how to navigate the Career Fair in the Prep Sessions
- Visit the event website for additional resources
Step Six: Update your Handshake Profile and Apply to Open Positions
- Make sure your Handshake profile is complete and updated
- Upload resume approved by Career Connection team
- Upload a headshot
- Make sure that your major and GPA are current
- Apply to open jobs or internships