College of Business Career Fairs
The College of Business offers several Career Fair opportunities for students to meet employers. These events are a great way to build a network and search for a job or internship.
Fall 2021 College of Business Career Fairs will be announced soon. The information below is from our past events and you may use it for reference. If you have any questions about upcoming career fairs, contact Nicole Anderson.
Spring 2021 Virtual Career Fair Event
For College of Business Students
This spring, we are hosting our large virtual recruiting event open to all undergraduate business majors and graduate business students on Handshake. The College of Business Career Fair will be on Thursday, March 4 from 2:30-5:00 p.m. All details about the event are below and will also be communicated to students via email.
To participate in a virtual Career Fair event, a student must complete five steps. Should you have any questions about anything in this process, please contact Nicole Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615.966.5314. We are here to help you!
Step One: Perfect Your Resume
- NOW through March 1 at Noon: Initial Resume due
- Please see examples and resources on the event web page below
- Submit a Word file saved in this format: LastName, FirstName.doc
Step Two: Platform (Handshake) Registration
- NOW through March 2: Register for the event on Handshake
- Event is completely virtual and will be hosted on the Handshake platform
Step Three: Prep Sessions
- February 23 - March 2: Attend ONE mandatory Career Fair Prep Session if you did not participate in a Career Connection virtual event last fall
- There will be six sessions offered - hosted on Zoom
- Register for a Prep Session
Step Four: Profile Update and Pick Your Event Schedule
- Make sure your Handshake profile is complete and updated
- Upload resume approved by Career Connection team
- Upload a headshot
- Make sure that your major and GPA are current
- Select the sessions you will attend and create your own customized schedule
Step Five: Prepare by Researching Companies
Step Six: Place - Find a Quiet One (we will reserve Swang offices if you need one)
Step Seven: Present Yourself Well
- We will share tips and answer questions in the Prep Sessions
- Visit the event website for additional resources