Our Fast Track MBA is designed for determined young professionals with under five years of work experience. Gain credibility fast, as well as marketable training and experience by working with one of our corporate business partners. This program also includes your own personal leadership plan. Step forward in the job market with guidance from professional and faculty mentors.
Connecting with businesses here in Nashville, as well as abroad on our built-in international trip, allows you to capitalize on experiential learning opportunities.
Fast Track MBA Program Outcomes
The Fast Track MBA is an AACSB accredited, accelerated learning program that will take your career to the next level. Before the program ends, you will excel in business acumen, leadership coaching, confidence, and presentation skills. Through our partnership with Nashville businesses and organizations, you will have real-world training and marketable work experience to take with you as you move forward. Our students leave the Fast Track MBA program with the following:
- Knowledge to do business differently
- Experience in real-world scenarios
- Credibility to lead as business experts
Can I work while pursuing a Fast Track MBA?
Our program pairs students with a paid Directed Work Experience working for a minimum of 20 hours per week. Classes meet in the evening two nights per week. New cohorts begin in June.
Why Earn Your MBA Degree at Lipscomb University?
Every aspect of our Fast Track MBA program and curriculum integrates real-world experiences by having you study under business leaders and practitioners. The directed work experience and global business course are prime examples of this. To help you succeed in the program, we also provide frequent networking and professional development opportunities. As a U.S. News top-ranked graduate program, you will see a definitive return on investment through this program.
The completed application requirements for the MBA Fast Track program:
- Your submitted online application and fee
This formal document highlights your professional experiences, educational background, and relevant skills/certificates to earning a graduate degree at Lipscomb. If you have less than three years of work experience, please include service and volunteer opportunities within your professional experiences. Resumes are typically one page long.
- Personal Statement
- This formal document highlights what you bring to the program and serves as a professional writing sample. The personal statement is one tool that will be used to evaluate your writing proficiency in addition to helping us gain specific insight into your personal drive, motivation, and goals. The personal statements are generally 500-650 words in length.
- Transcripts from your undergraduate program (and graduate, if applicable)
- Have electronic copies emailed directly from your undergraduate institution to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are having a hard copy mailed, have it sent to:
- Lipscomb University, ATTN: Graduate Admissions Office, One University Park Drive, Nashville, TN 37204
- Two Professional Recommendations
- An email will be sent to your recommenders with instructions on completing the process. The two letters of recommendations should be written by people who know you well in either a professional work or academic environment and can speak to your ability to succeed in a rigorous graduate program. If possible, we encourage you to request one letter of recommendation from a workplace supervisor.
In Person or Virtual Interview
This interview will be conducted either by the Program Director or a senior member of the faculty. Your interview will consist of behavioral-type questions and offer you an opportunity to share specific examples from your work experience.
Additionally, you will be asked to. complete a short case study as a critical thinking assessment.
GMAT or GRE
While not required, candidates are invited to submit test scores to strengthen their application should they feel their undergraduate academic performance does not reflect their ability to succeed in a rigorous graduate program. The GMAT is the preferred test option; however, GRE scores will also be accepted.
International applicants have additional application requirements, including the submission of a GMAT score. Details can be found on the international applicant webpage.
Lipscomb University’s Fast Track MBA program offers an 11-month cohort model.
Each student will complete six hours of BU 661v (Directed Work Experience) across the program - three hours in two semesters. These hours count as the student's elective hours for the Fast Track MBA.