Targeted learning. Future-focused coaching.
Enroll in one of the U.S. News and World Report top-ranked MBA programs in the U.S. where we mold leaders, creators and disruptors. Our faculty not only teach but mentor. You’ll grow to inspire others, be strategic, and work with integrity. Gain the right mix of quantitative and qualitative skills through practical learning to become a business expert.
Lipscomb’s Professional MBA program is a part-time program offered in both in-person and online formats. The in-person program is completed in 22 months by attending classes primarily one night per week. The online MBA is completed in 16 months with synchronous, virtual classes meeting primarily two nights per week. This program also includes several in-person residencies. The PMBA is a perfect fit for the full-time working professional.
Our cohort model provides a built-in support system during your time of study. You'll find common interests and form invaluable relationships with classmates and mentors of diverse backgrounds. One of the chief ways students gain real-world experience is through the insight and mentorship of Lipscomb’s seven Executives-in-Residence, longtime business titans who bring their real-world solutions to students within the confines of the classroom. Learn how to build companies that engage, grow and support collaborators and visionaries. Our graduates are influencing the business world for good, at home and overseas.
Professional MBA Program Outcomes
The Professional MBA is an AACSB accredited program that will take your business competencies to the next level. Before the program ends, you will excel in business acumen, leadership, confidence, and presentation skills. Your ability to have a high level of understanding value to an organization and how leadership decisions create impact ensure a strong foundation for furthering your career.
We developed the MBA curriculum by asking two questions:
- What do the most effective professionals do well?
- What do employers expect from MBA graduates?
After analyzing national employer survey data, interviews with an advisory board, and market research results, a few themes emerged. First, the best professionals have the ability to inspire others, they have strategic vision, and they have drive and integrity. Second, the best professionals have strong quantitative skills, business knowledge, and technology skills.
Our curriculum will teach you how to increase the effectiveness of your leadership, make strategic decisions and build a competitive advantage for the company you work for or start. Your MBA can be stacked with either the Entrepreneurship or Data Analytics graduate certificate allowing you to enhance your credentials.
Why Earn Your MBA Degree at Lipscomb University?
Every aspect of our Professional MBA program and curriculum is designed for your learning benefit. The small class sizes and cohort model allow you to form deep connections with peers and faculty. We also provide frequent networking and professional development opportunities. As a U.S. News top-ranked graduate program, you will see a definitive return on investment through this program.
The completed application requirements for the MBA Professional program:
- Your submitted online application and fee
This formal document highlights your professional experiences, educational background, and relevant skills/certificates to earning a graduate degree at Lipscomb. If you have less than three years of work experience, please include service and volunteer opportunities within your professional experiences. Resumes are typically one page long.
- Personal Statement
- This formal document highlights what you bring to the program and serves as a professional writing sample. The personal statement is one tool that will be used to evaluate your writing proficiency in addition to helping us gain specific insight into your personal drive, motivation, and goals. The personal statements are generally 500-650 words in length.
- Transcripts from your undergraduate program (and graduate, if applicable)
- Have electronic copies emailed directly from your undergraduate institution to email@example.com
- If you are having a hard copy mailed, have it sent to:
- Lipscomb University, ATTN: Graduate Admissions Office, One University Park Drive, Nashville, TN 37204
- Two Professional Recommendations
- An email will be sent to your recommenders with instructions on completing the process. The two letters of recommendations should be written by people who know you well in either a professional work or academic environment and can speak to your ability to succeed in a rigorous graduate program. If possible, we encourage you to request one letter of recommendation from a workplace supervisor.
In Person or Virtual Interview
This interview will be conducted either by the Program Director or a senior member of the faculty. Your interview will consist of behavioral-type questions and offer you an opportunity to share specific examples from your work experience.
Additionally, you will be asked to. complete a short case study as a critical thinking assessment.
GMAT or GRE
While not required, candidates are invited to submit test scores to strengthen their application should they feel their undergraduate academic performance does not reflect their ability to succeed in a rigorous graduate program. The GMAT is the preferred test option; however, GRE scores will also be accepted.
International applicants have additional application requirements, including the submission of a GMAT score. Details can be found on the international applicant webpage.