Protecting the public in a pandemic
The pandemic descended upon us, students, employees and alumni across the nation stepped up to the challenge.
The Bison Herd has reached out in countless ways to serve their friends, family and neighbors during the pandemic. Lipscomb’s engineering, pharmacy and arts faculty and students jumped on three of the most in-demand items during the early days of the pandemic to ensure that even the most vulnerable among us were protected from the coronavirus.
- Peugeot Center pivots to provide thousands of free face shields throughout 2020
- College of Pharmacy compounds hand sanitizer for public safety, health care providers
- Arts faculty leads the way in sewing masks
From health care to education, from donations of money to donations of time and expertise, from one-on-one caring to marshalling the resources of an entire business, the Bisons brought the Lipscomb spirit of innovation and service to their neighbors in 2020.
- Tennessee’s captains in a storm of crisis
- Alumnus physician leads emergency care at Sumner Regional
- Townsley helps find COVID-19 vaccine solution one genome sequence at a time
- Alumna graduates from Yale and heads to New York City for chaplain residency
- Alumnus’ fog company provides hand sanitizer to Middle Tennessee