Don’t just stand on the sidelines — drive for success with a degree in sport management. Prepare for a career on the business side of the athletics and fitness industry. With its three major league teams and four Division I NCAA schools, Nashville is the perfect city for you to score shadowing experience, internships and jobs.
Study in a program that provides you with a comprehensive business education and the added exercise science knowledge to elevate your expertise. Hone skills and gain experience in the business, management and marketing aspects of the athletics and fitness industries.
Our unique degree is unlike anything you’ll find in middle Tennessee. Once you’ve learned all you can from our experienced and innovative faculty, go on to pursue an MBA or head straight into the workforce — you’ll be a strong candidate for whatever path you choose.
Specific courses required:
- AC 2503 - Financial Accounting
- AC 2513 - Managerial Accounting
- BY 2213 - Introductory Human Anatomy and Physiology
- EC 2413 - Principles of Microeconomics
- ENT 2503 - An Introduction to Business
- ENT 4403 - Entrepreneur Finance
- KIN 3363 - Biostatistics
- KIN 2013 - Sports Sociology
- KIN 2023 - Sport and Exercise Psychology
- KIN 2203 - Foundations in Kinesiology
- KIN 4323 - Administration of Exercise Related Programs
- KIN 4502 - Seminar in Kinesiology
- MA 1113 - College Algebra
- MK 3503 - Principles of Marketing
- PS 1113 - Introduction to Psychology
- SPMG 2503 - Introduction to Sport Management
- SPMG 2603 - Legal Issues in Sport Management
- SPMG 3003 - Sport Management Practicum I
- SPMG 3113 - Facilities and Event Management
- SPMG 4003 - Sport Management Practicum II
- ENT 4Xn3 - Special Topics in [Insert Area]
- ENT 3543 - Entrepreneur Marketing
- CO 4213 - Sport Reporting
- KIN 2223 - Introduction to Coaching
- MK 3403 - Internet and Social Medica Marketing
- MK 3543 - Sales and Marketing
All students majoring in sport management must achieve a "C" or above in all department courses required for the sport management major.