Don’t just stand on the sidelines — drive for success with a degree in sport management. Prepare for a career on the business side of the athletics and fitness industry. With its three major league teams and four Division I NCAA schools, Nashville is the perfect city for you to score shadowing experience, internships and jobs.
Study in a program that provides you with a comprehensive business education and the added exercise science knowledge to elevate your expertise. Hone skills and gain experience in the business, management and marketing aspects of the athletics and fitness industries.
Our unique degree is unlike anything you’ll find in middle Tennessee. Once you’ve learned all you can from our experienced and innovative faculty, go on to pursue an MBA or head straight into the workforce — you’ll be a strong candidate for whatever path you choose.
Specific courses required:
- AC 2503 - Financial Accounting
- AC 2513 - Managerial Accounting
- BY 1003 - Foundations of Biology
- BY 2213 - Introductory Human Anatomy and Physiology
- CM 1013 - Introduction to Chemistry
- EC 2413 - Principles of Microeconomics
- ENT 2503 - An Introduction to Business
- ENT 3543 - Entrepreneur Marketing
- ENT 4403 - Entrepreneur Finance
- ENT 4503 - New Venture Creation
- EX 2533 - Kinesiology
- EX 3363 - Biostatistics
- EX 4113 - Exercise Physiology
- EX 4153 - Strength and Conditioning Program Design
- MA 1113 - College Algebra
- PE 2203 - Foundations in Kinesiology
- PE 4323 - Administration of Exercise Related Programs
- PS 1113 - Introduction to Psychology
- SPMG 2503 - Introduction to Sport Management
- SPMG 3003 - Sport Management Practicum I
- SPMG 4003 - Sport Management Practicum II
Choose two of the following courses:
- ENT 4Xn3 - Special Topics in [Insert Area]
- LJS 3513 - The Social Enterprise
- LJS 4303 - Special Topics: [Insert Topic] and the Law
- MK 3543 - Professional Relationships Marketing
- MK 3453 - Social Media Marketing
- MK 3503 - Principles of Marketing
All students majoring in sport management must achieve a "C" or above in all department courses required for the sport management major.