Laurel and her husband Brad are originally from West Texas, and moved to Nashville with their three sons in 2018. Laurel and Brad met while attending Lubbock Christian University (LCU) in 2005, and spent the next eight years attending graduate school at Texas Tech, Auburn, and Baylor.
Laurel worked as a faculty member at LCU prior to her time at Lipscomb, is a member of the American College of Sports Medicine, and is a Certified Exercise Physiologist. She enjoys teaching and working with students in developing research projects. In her free time, Laurel loves spending time with her family, running, and teaching indoor cycling classes.
Ph.D. in Kinesiology, Exercise Nutrition, & Health Promotion, Baylor University, 2013
M.S. in Exercise Science, Texas Tech University, 2007
B.S. in Exercise & Sport Sciences, Lubbock Christian University, 2005
- EXNS 5354 Exercise Evaluation and Prescription for Special Populations
- EXNS 5403 Special Topics in Diabetes Treatment
- EXNS 5233 Nutrition and Exercise in Obesity Treatment
- EXNS 5103 Research Design & Data Analysis II
- EXNS 5013 Exercise and Nutrition Strategies
- EX 4163 Applied Exercise Physiology
- PE 2012 Lifetime Wellness
- Acute effects of exercise on blood lipids, blood glucose, and blood pressure
- Exercise in the management of chronic disease
- Influences of prior exercise and nutrition on postprandial lipemia
- Townsend J.R., Morimune J.E., Jones M.D., Beuning C.N., Haase A.A., Boot C.M., Heffington S.H., Littlefield L.A., Henry R.H., Marshall A.M., VanDusseldorp T.A., Feito Y., Mangine G.T. (2020). The Effect of ProHydrolase® on the Amino Acid and Intramuscular Anabolic Signaling Response to Resistance Exercise in Trained Males. Sports. 8(1), 13.
- Ren, G., Kim, T., Papizan, J.B., Okerberg, C.K., Kothari, V.M., Zaid, H., Bilan, P.J., Araya-Ramirez, F., Littlefield, L.A., Bowers, R.L., Mahurin, A.J., Nickles, M.M., Ludvigsen, R., He, X., Grandjean, P.W., and Matthews, S.T. (2019). Phosphorylation status of fetuin-A is critical for inhibition of insulin action and is correlated with obesity and insulin resistance. American Journal of Physiology, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, 1(317): E250-E260.
- Littlefield, L.A., Papadakis, Z.P., Rogers, K.M. Moncada-Jimenez, J. Taylor, J.K. and Grandjean, P.W. (2017). The effect of exercise intensity and excess post-exercise oxygen consumption on postprandial blood lipids in physically-inactive men. Applied Physiology, Nutrition and Metabolism.
- Littlefield, L.A. and Grandjean, P.W. (2015). Exercise intensity and postprandial lipemia. RETOS Nuevas Tendencias en Educaciòn Fisica, Deporte y Recreactiòn (Challenges. New Trends in Physical Education, Sport and Recreation). January 2015.
- Long, J.D., Littlefield, L.A., Estep, G., Martin, H., Rogers, T.J. Boswell, C., Shriver, B.J., & Roman-Shriver, C.R. (2010). Evidence review of technology and dietary assessment. Worldviews on Evidence Based Nursing, (7)4; 191-204.
- Littlefield, L.A., Ruiz, M.R., Boston, A., and Cukrowski, K. “Perspectives on Endurance Running: Body, Mind, and Spirit.” Christian Scholar’s Conference, Lubbock Christian University, Lubbock, TX. June 5 – 7, 2019.
- Littlefield, L.A. and Rogers, T.J. “Type 1 Diabetes, Exercise and Glycemic Control.” Scholar’s Colloquium, Lubbock Christian University, Lubbock, TX. March 30-31 2017.
- Littlefield, L.A. and Chowning, L. “Exercise Using Lactate Threshold Measurements.” International Symposium in Exercise and Health Science Research, Baylor University, Waco, TX. 12-13 October 2016.
- Blassingame, S., Boston, A.B., Dabbs, J., Littlefield, L.A., and Porter, L. “Crisis in Research.” Scholar’s Colloquium, Lubbock Christian University, Lubbock, TX. 14-15 April 2016. Oral Presentation.
- Long, J.D., Estep, Boswell, C., Littlefield, L., Kuenzi, G., Rogers, T., & Culpepper, D. "Effectiveness of Cell Phones with Digital Picture Capability and MyPyramid Tracker for Measurement of Fruit/Vegetable Consumption." 41st Biennial Sigma Theta Tau International Convention, Grapevine, TX. 29 October – 2 November 2011. Oral Presentation.
- Long, J.D., Rogers, T., Littlefield, L., Boswell, C., & Kuenzi, G., Mahan, K., and Boswell, M. “Using Technology for Health Promotion.” Christian Scholars Conference, Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA. 16-18 June 2011. Oral Presentation.
- Long, J.D., Littlefield, L. A., Estep, G., Martin, H., Rogers, T., Boswell, C., Shriver, B., & Roman-Shriver, C. “Pilot Study Comparing the Effectiveness of Technology-based Methods of Dietary Assessment.” Christian Scholars Conference, David Lipscomb University, Nashville, TN. 26 June 2009. Oral Presentation.
- Long, J.D. & Littlefield, L. A. “Evidence Review of the Effectiveness of Technology-based Methods for Dietary Assessment of Fruit and Vegetable Consumption.” Scholar’s Colloquium, Lubbock Christian University, Lubbock, TX. 3-4 April 2008. Oral Presentation.