Without a doubt, there is a need for skilled professional storytellers in creative media. Since TV and motion picture production is among America's top resources, it's no surprise that it is a pillar for diverse industries.
Learn from those who know film production best. Our veteran faculty will guide you through writing screenplays and storytelling structures. Earning your MA in Film and Creative Media won't take long, but you can bet that it will be rigorous — and rewarding. Discover the intricacies of film theory or take on an internship opportunity. At the end of your studies, you will have built a portfolio with a screenplay and production plan. As you work to advance your creative career, you may even decide to pursue a doctorate in Film Studies — a natural next step.
Please contact Quiana Rivers, M.P.A.
Assistant Director, Graduate Enrollment
College of Entertainment and the Arts
School of Communication
o 615.966.5100 | m 216.551.3479 | e email@example.com
Applicants to the graduate program must submit the following:
- Application with $50 nonrefundable fee ($75 for international students)
- Standardized exam score
- Official transcript(s)
- Video sample or screenwriting sample.
- The video sample may be a 2-3 minute reel of work, in which you were the camera operator, director or editor. The screenplay sample can be a short—up to 10 pages, or the first 10 pages of a feature screenplay.
- A personal statement addressing what your career goals are and why you believe you would be a good candidate for this program.
- The Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for international students.
- FCM 5002 - Story and Structure
- FCM 5033 - Film Production I
- FCM 5203 - Post-Production
- FCM 5083 - Screenwriting I
- FCM 5272 - Acting for Directors
- FCM 5162 - Redemptive Media
- FCM 5093 - Distribution
- FCM 5233 - Cannes Film Festival
- FCM 5263 - Producing I
- FCM 5133 - Portfolio
- FCM 5102 - Cinematic Aesthetics
- FCM 5121 - Professional Practicum
Tuition & Aid
- Tuition: $1,048 per credit hour; students can audit for no credit at a rate of 50 percent of regular tuition
- Books and Fees: Not included in tuition
- Application Fee: $50 (international $75)
- Graduation Fee: $195
The tuition cost does not include program fees or equipment purchasing fees. While most of the gear will be provided for first year students on a loan/check out basis, it is required that students buy a MacBook Pro loaded with filmmaking software. You can choose to buy one through the university in your first semester in the program.
Also note that each student is responsible for costs of their own productions.