Elam is our largest first-year women’s dorm.
Elam, Lipscomb’s most recently renovated residence hall, is home to up to approximately 300 freshmen women each year. Residents live in traditional-style rooms with shared community bathrooms on each floor.
The dorm offers many other community spaces, including a large lobby, kitchen, conference room, courtyard and study rooms. Laundry rooms are located on each floor and are free for residential use.
Each student will have a:
- Bed (86" L x 38.5" W) with adjustable height
- Dresser (20" D x 34" wide x 19" H)
- Desk (24" D x 36" W x 30" H) with chair
- Wardrobe (24" D x 34" W x 70" H)
- Residents may hang items on the walls with very small nails and tacks. Command strips, hot glue, screws, and packing/duct tape are not permitted.
- We strongly discourage residents from bringing carpet. Instead, we recommend bringing a large area rug instead. Rugs will fit in any room and can be reused year to year.
- Curtains can be hung using a tension rod.