As a spiritual guide, your desire is to draw closer to the missional heart of God through the divine disciplines. It's no secret that church leaders must challenge and train Christians to reach new depths of spiritual devotion. So enhance your capacity to counsel those under your care. We'll help you expand on your experience in ministry.
Let our disciplined theologians mentor you. Our courses will provoke contemplation and growth. The program pulls together the dual focus of Missional Theology and Spiritual Formation which we are convinced that are inseparable partners in mission and ministry. Gain encouragement and exhortation from your cohort. Our charge is to strengthen the spiritual formation of Christ-followers living on mission in this broken world. By the time you have earned your D.Min., you'll be calling other believers to embrace God's mission for creation.
- Application with $50 nonrefundable application fee
- Three letters of recommendation: one from a college or university administrator or professor, one from a professional supervisor/employer and one from a church leader or minister
- Official Transcripts emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Graduate Admissions (1 University Park Dr., Nashville, TN 37204)
- Bachelor's degree and a Graduate degree of a minimum of 72 hours.
- Undergraduate or Graduate GPA of at least 2.75
- Completed health form
- 750-1000-word essay discussing the applicant's religious heritage, career goals and how Hazelip School of Theology might contribute to the achievement of those pursuits
First Residency, July 2019
- DMIN 7101 - Acquiring Skills for Effective Ministry Research
- DMIN 7113 - The Mission of God
- DMIN 7123 - The History of Christian Spirituality
- DMIN 7131 - Spiritual Formation Retreat
Second Residency, February 2020
- DMIN 7910 - Engaging in Ministry Research I
- DMIN 7213 - Community Leadership
- DMIN 7223 - Reconciliation as Missional Living
- DMIN 7231 - Spiritual Formation Retreat
Third Residency, July 2020
- DMIN 7920 - Engaging in Ministry Research II
- DMIN 7313 - Missional Theology
- DMIN 7323 - Introduction to Spiritual Direction
- DMIN 7331 - Spiritual Formation Retreat
Fourth Residency, February 2021
- DMIN 7901 - Producing the D.Min. Project
- DMIN 7413 - Religious and Cross-Cultural Engagement
- DMIN 7423 - Social Justice, Mission, and the Kingdom of God
- DMIN 7431 - Spiritual Formation Retreat
- DMIN 7913 - Engaging in Ministry Research I
- DMIN 7923 - Engaging in Ministry Research II
Tuition & Aid
The current tuition rate is $346 per credit hour. The program requires 15 hours in the first year, 15 hours in the second, and 6 hours for the third. Tuition covers the cost of breakfasts and lunches during each two-week session as well as room and board for the weekend retreat during that residency. Tuition also covers costs related to the travel course (DMIN 7423).