Academic Success Center
Helping you get to where you want to be: graduation.
We understand that college can be challenging on many levels, and academics is just one part of what you might be facing on your college journey. The Academic Success Center, located on the main level of Beaman Library, combines academic support and enrichment functions from across campus into one location designed specifically to enhance learning and collaboration. We’re home to the math lab, the writing studio, academic advising, tutoring, student advocacy, disability services and many other programs.
You see, we believe we have a responsibility not just to admit students each year, but also to graduate them. Whether you are the student who is facing academic challenges for some reason or the exceptional student who wants to enrich your academic experience, we have a place that is tailor-made for you.
Our space is your space.
From writing skills to math tutoring to group studies, ASC helps hundreds of students access its many resources throughout the year. With a dedicated faculty and staff willing to teach, advise and support, students have discovered the center is one of the best resources they have to get the academic help they need. The center has been designed to be a comfortable and relaxed environment equipped with:
- a conference/presentation room
- a software program for English language learners
- programs for students with disabilities
- brainstorming walls, that can be written on like dry-erase boards
Resources to make you diploma-ready.
No one wants to see you succeed more than we do. The ASC is a one-stop-center for academic support and resources to help you achieve your specific goals.
- Math lab. Tutors are available to answer math questions at all levels and give one-on-one assistance when needed.
- The Writing Studio. Trained writing consultants work on building the critical writing skills that a student will need for a lifetime.
- Academic advising. Our academic team works with students to identify and prioritize goals and to develop strategies for achieving them.
- Collaborative study spaces. Being part of a study group is a great way to develop connections with other students and to enhance learning.
- Supplemental instruction sessions. These group study sessions are student-led, in-depth explanations of course material and are a great complement to classroom learning.
- Peer tutoring and mentoring. Benefit from the knowledge and experience of talented upperclassmen who are committed to helping other students succeed, no matter what subject you need help with.
- Individual tutoring room. Sure, the campus center or the library can be used for tutoring, but here we have a quiet, private space built just for that.