Advance your career with the convenience and affordability of Lipscomb Online.
Leading in your organization requires a broad set of skills to meet the needs of individuals as well as business objectives. To empower leaders equipped to succeed in any organizational environment, Lipscomb University has created the Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership.
This degree program is designed for professionals who want to increase their leadership skills and open doors to leadership opportunities. By studying complex and current issues in leadership as well as the social dynamics of organizations, problem solving, strategic planning, research methodology and policy formulation, you will be prepared to lead in any situation. Through course work that covers ethics, motivation, creativity, strategic planning and vision, group development, teamwork, technology and organizational development, you will explore theories and application of effective leadership in a variety of ways. The program prepares management and executive-level leadership in today's fast-paced global business environment to learn how to motivate individuals, manage teams, and use strategies and models to effect change within a variety of leadership and organizational structures.
Ready to apply? Let’s get started. We’re here to help at every step. Here’s what you’ll need to apply to Lipscomb Online.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee or fee waiver
- Official college transcripts from all schools attended (minimum 2.5 GPA)
- Two professional recommendations
- Interview with faculty
If your undergraduate GPA is below 2.5, please provide a standardized test score or evidence of substantive professional experience.
Steps to Apply
Follow these simple steps to submit your application for admission:
- Complete our online application. Please be sure to list each college you have previously attended.
- Request to have your transcript(s) from all previous schools and colleges sent directly to Lipscomb. Mail to:
One University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204
- You may submit the $50 application fee via credit card after completing the online application, or mail a check made out to “Lipscomb University” to the address above.
Program of Study
Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership Core (18 hours)
OGLD 5101 Research Methods
OGLD 5113 Ethics and Values
OGLD 5123 Organizational Theory
OGLD 5243 Mission Focused Leadership
OGLD 5403 Leadership Skills and Assessment
OGLD 5623 Talent Development and Coaching
OGLD 5992 Capstone
Choose any two courses (6 hours):
CORE 5053 Communication Strategies
CORE 5073 Conflict Management
CORE 5263 Organizing and Planning
CORE 5293 Problem Solving and Decision Making
CORE 5303 Relationship Building and Influence
PSBL 5013 Strategic Leadership
Global Studies Concentration (9 hours)
OGLD 5013 Leading Across Cultures
OGLD 5153 International Trends and Cultural Diversity
OGLD 5413 Individual and Socio-cultural Skills
Total Hours for Graduation: 33 hours
Tuition & Aid
Time is precious, especially for a busy adult like yourself. That’s why Lipscomb created personalized online programs tailored to fit your career needs and busy schedule. Lipscomb Online offers the same high-quality degree as our traditional on-campus programs with the flexibility to fit your life. Tuition is $899 per credit hour.
In addition, you can earn up to 6 credit hours in one day through a behavioral assessment in our CORE Competency Assessment Center.
Earn a Lipscomb education in a way that fits your budget through financial aid opportunities like scholarships, grants, loans and part-time employment.
- Grants: You may qualify for federal grants or grants from other sources specific to your program of study and personal background.
- Loans: Finance your education through one or more loans, either from the federal government or a private lender, that you can repay after college.
- Scholarships: Depending on your credentials, you may qualify for scholarships from federal, state and other sources.
- Tuition Discounts: If your employer offers tuition assistance or has a corporate partnership with Lipscomb University, you may be eligible for an application fee waiver and reduced tuition.
- Military Benefits: Veterans, military members and their families attending Lipscomb may qualify for a variety of aid, including scholarships, stipends and tuition assistance.