IDEAL is a unique two-year program created by Lipscomb’s College of Education to offer a college experience for students with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (ID/DD). The program is based on the Think College Standards and other successful postsecondary programs. It is designed to encourage and support these students as they experience college with their peers. IDEAL students will take classes, go to sporting events, eat in the cafeteria and enjoy just being a college student—all while being a part of the Lipscomb community.
- If possible, we encourage students to attend Summer Academy prior to beginning their application process.
- Applications for Fall 2023 will be due on January 15, 2023. While you may still apply after this date, you may not be considered for Fall admission.
- Applications will only be reviewed after all materials have been submitted.
- Applicants will be notified of next steps once application materials are reviewed by the admissions committee.
- Decision Letters will be mailed on or before April 15, 2023.
NOTE: Due to space limitations, it is possible that not all applicants who meet the criteria for admission will be interviewed or accepted into the IDEAL Program.