IDEAL is a unique two-year program created by Lipscomb’s College of Education to offer a college experience for students with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (ID/DD). The program is based on the Think College Standards and other successful postsecondary programs. It is designed to encourage and support these students as they experience college with their peers. IDEAL students will take classes, go to sporting events, eat in the cafeteria and enjoy just being a college student—all while being a part of the Lipscomb community.
- Applications for Fall 2019 will be due on January 15, 2019. While you may still apply after this date, you may not be considered for Fall admission.
- Applications will only be reviewed after all materials have been submitted.
- Decisions letters will be mailed on or before March 31, 2019.
NOTE: Due to space limitations, it is possible that not all applicants who meet criteria for admission will be interviewed or accepted into the IDEAL Program.
You must apply online first then you will receive an email with the rest of the application materials.
Once you receive the application materials, complete them and scan them. Submit scanned attachments to email@example.com.
- IDEAL Personal Inventory document (emailed to you after you complete an online application.
- Psychoeducational Evaluation (with test scores and narrative history, preferably conducted within the past 3 years)
- IEP (goals, summary of present performance, and progress report)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (forms included in the application packet)
- Videotaped Personal statement