IDEAL is a unique two-year program created by Lipscomb’s College of Education to offer a college experience for students with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (ID/DD). The program is based on the Think College Standards and other successful postsecondary programs. It is designed to encourage and support these students as they experience college with their peers. IDEAL students will take classes, go to sporting events, eat in the cafeteria and enjoy just being a college student—all while being a part of the Lipscomb community.
- If possible, we encourage students to attend SA prior to beginning their application process.
- Application opens August 5, 2021
- Applications for Fall 2022 will be due on January 15, 2022. While you may still apply after this date, you may not be considered for Fall admission.
- Applications will only be reviewed after all materials have been submitted.
- Applicants will be notified of next steps once application materials are reviewed by the admissions committee.
- Decision Letters will be mailed on or before March 31, 2022.
NOTE: Due to space limitations, it is possible that not all applicants who meet the criteria for admission will be interviewed or accepted into the IDEAL Program.
The Application will be live on September 1. Applications will be accepted through January 15. Thank you for your patience and we look forward to reviewing your application.