The Honors College strives to make you competitive at the highest levels by offering classes that are more engaging, experiential and challenging.
And we suspect you’ve never turned your back on an academic challenge! Below are the requirements for students to graduate with Honors.
Honors College Scholar - 21 hours
- One required course - LU 1203 Honors Lipscomb Experience
- 18 additional hours selected from the following courses and/or honors contracts
- BI 1073, BI 1083, BI 1093, - The Story of Jesus, the Church, Israel
- CM 1211, CM 1221 - Honors General Chemistry Lab I and II
- HN 1113 - Communication, Technology, and Society (meets the general education requirement for CO 1003)
- LULT (3 credit hours) - Typically we offer an honors section of this required gen ed course every semester, though any section can have an honors contract. We strongly encourage students taking LULT in their global learning semester to do an honors contract
- LUEG (3 credit hours) - Typically we offer an honors section of this required gen ed course every semester, though any section can have an honors contract
Honors Contracts: Honors students can take out a contract with their professors to make it an honors course. The contract guidelines and approval form are available from the Honors College Program Coordinator.
Honors College Fellow - 26 Hours (Honors Scholar + Senior Project)
Honors students have the option of completing an Honors Thesis/Project, and are required to take two additional one hour classes in order to complete the project. Students that complete this senior project earn the designation of Honors College Fellow.
HN 3111 - Preparing the Senior Project
HN 4003 - Senior Project