There's no better place to reach your potential as a physician assistant than in Nashville, the health care industry capital of the U.S. Let us help you prepare for a career of service; use our small class sizes to your advantage. Learn from veteran faculty in our state-of-the-art facilities. Get to know the health care community around you and gain experience in area hospitals and labs. After all, classroom learning is not all you'll need — nor all you'll receive.
Faith is an important infusion to learning here: in ethics, mentoring, the clinical experience or servanthood. Our PA program will serve your spiritual and vocational goals, as you train to serve others.
And once you graduate, you'll join your peers — who all got the job they wanted in a field with a national 99.4 percent job placement rate.
The following courses of study are designed to prepare a student for the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies degree at Lipscomb University.
- PA 5012 - Introduction to PA Practice and Health Care
- PA 5065 - Human Anatomy
- PA 5104 - Physiology & Pathophysiology I
- PA 5022 - Ethics in Health Care
- PA 5033 - Medical Communications
- PA 5042 - Biostatistics and Evidence Based Medicine
- PA 5204 - Physiology & Pathophysiology II
- PA 5156 - Clinical Medicine I
- PA 5114 - Pharmacology & Medical Therapeutics I
- PA 5262 - Clinical Assessment I
- PA 5272 - Laboratory and Diagnostic Methods I
- PA 5303 - Physiology & Pathophysiology III
- PA 5256 - Clinical Medicine II
- PA 5214 - Pharmacology & Medical Therapeutics II
- PA 5523 - Introduction to Women's Health
- PA 5502 - Introduction to Behavioral and Mental Health
- PA 5362 - Clinical Assessment II
- PA 5281 - Laboratory and Diagnostic Methods II
- PA 5356 - Clinical Medicine III
- PA 5513 - Introduction to Surgery
- PA 5533 - Introduction to Pediatrics
- PA 5233 - Advanced Clinical Skills
- PA 5543 - Introduction to Emergency Medicine
- PA 6001 - Professional Practicum
- PA 6016 - Pediatrics
- PA 6026 - Behavioral and Mental Health
- PA 6036 - Women's Health
- PA 6046 - Emergency Medicine
- PA 6056 - Surgery
- PA 6066 - Internal Medicine
- PA 6076 - Family Medicine
- PA 6A16 - Clinical Elective I
Tuition & Aid
Tuition and Fees for 2021-22
|Tuition and Fees Total||$118,477|
|Other Required Expenses2||$1,050|
1 Student, lab, technology and graduation fees
2 This covers medical equipment ($700), screening (e.g., criminal background checks and urine drug screens-$200), and compliance monitoring fee ($150). As with other line items, cost may vary, particularly depending on the level or grade of medical equipment purchased.
3All amounts shown are estimates and subject to change.