Matt ('00) met his wife Erin (Tews '99) at Lipscomb as an undergraduate. He and Erin have three daughters. He worked as a software engineer for Lockheed Martin on the MLRS and F-35 Lightning II programs for eight years. Matt went to PA School at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas where he earned a Master in Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS). He then completed the Garry Weber APP Urology Fellowship. Matt worked full-time as a physician assistant in the specialty of urology for seven years before returning to Lipscomb in 2017 to join the PA program faculty.
Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS)
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (2010)
BS in Computer Science, Lipscomb University (2000)
Physician Assistant Studies
- PA5104 Physiology and Pathophysiology I
- PA5303 Physiology and Pathophysiology III
- PA5262 Clinical Assessment I
- PA5362 Clinical Assessment II
- PA5356 Clinical Medicine III
- Linking applicant admission data to student success
- Improving student performance through video debriefing
Urology Associates P.C., Nashville, TN. Apr 2013 – Jul 2018
- Inpatient and ED consults, first assist on both robotic surgery and open cases
- Adult urology clinic for pre-op H&Ps and office based procedures
UT Southwestern Medical Center – Department of Urology, Dallas, TX. Feb 2012 – July 2012
- Outpatient adult urology clinic, covered inpatient and ED consults, and first assisted on robotic surgery cases
- Dedicated time for software research related to urology.
- Proposed and implemented a 3D monitor for the first assistant in robotic surgery.
- “Peer Review: "You expect me to give AND receive feedback?” 2020 PAEA Education Forum - Spotlight Presentation, Virtual Meeting.
- “Data for ‘Free’: Can an Electronic Medical Record Provide Outcome Data After Incontinence/Prolapse Repair Procedures?” Podium Presentation: AUA Annual Meeting, May 19, 2012. Atlanta, GA.
- “Urology Track - Advanced Catheter Placement Workshop.” Texas Academy of Physician Assistants Annual Conference, February 24, 2012, Dallas, TX.
- “Student Track - Urinary Catheters and Basic Catheter Placement.” Texas Academy of Physician Assistants Annual Conference, February 25, 2012, Dallas, TX.
- Deacon, Walnut St. church of Christ - Leader of children’s Bible hour ministry (2013-Present)
- Committee Chairman – Urological Association of PAs website/communications committee (2013-2018)
- Missions Ministry Team, Legacy church of Christ - Oversaw church missions program and budget ($297K in 2011). (2008-2012)
- Teacher and Small Group Leader - Prepare lessons and teach Bible classes. (2003-Present)
- Made in the Streets (MITS) Benefit - Organized a silent auction and “Kenyan Tea” which raised $9,000+ for MITS, an organization that rescues children from the streets of Nairobi, Kenya. (Mar 2009)
- Made in the Streets Mission Trips, Nairobi, Kenya - Two week missions serving MITS. Served as leader of 2011 trip. (Apr 2007, Oct 2011)