There are over 900 companies working in health care in Nashville with sway over the worldwide industry. Learn to be a leader in a city at the forefront of health care practice, business and technology. Here, you'll be an eyewitness to the future of the field and the latest advances in delivering health care.
As you earn your MHA at Lipscomb, our experts will teach you relevant health care business practices. They'll introduce you to industry leaders and guide you on a global business trip. And our immersive program will teach you to take what you learn and integrate it in your own company or practice. Take advantage of this fabulous chance to learn the business of health care.
Our MHA program takes a personal approach, and we want you to learn as much from each other as from your professors. That’s why we consider the whole candidate in our admissions process. We are looking for MHA students who can think analytically, who can contribute to a team, who are motivated by personal growth, and who can inspire others.
Applicants to the MHA program must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and have a minimum of three years post graduate work experience.
The completed application requirements for the MHA program
- Your submitted online application and fee
- Personal response to the following question: How will the knowledge and skills you expect to attain in Lipscomb's MHA program help you create more value in your organization and community?
- Transcripts from your undergraduate program (and graduate, if applicable)
- Have electronic copies emailed directly from your undergraduate institution to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are having a hard copy mailed, have it sent to: Lipscomb University, ATTN: Graduate Admissions Office, One University Park Drive, Nashville, TN 37204
- Two professional recommendations. You’ll input your recommenders email addresses and they’ll receive a link to an online form they can complete in about 15 minutes.
- GMAT or GRE score. MHA candidates meeting the following criteria may qualify for a GMAT waiver.
3.5 undergraduate GPA with 3 years work experience
3.2 undergraduate GPA with 5 years work experience
3.0 undergraduate GPA with 7 years work experience
Special consideration may be given to professional experience for those applicants whose GPA falls below the 3.0 minimum requirement.
- In-person interview
Seventeen courses over six semesters.
- BU 6533 - Leadership and Org Behavior
- BU 6523 - Managing Human Resources
- ICM 5053 - Conflict Management in Health Care Settings
- HA 6173 - Process Improvement in Health Care
- BU 6323 - U.S. Health Care System
- HA 6113 - Health Policy
- BU 6303 - Health Services Management
- HA 6233 - Law & Ethics in Health Care
- BU 6333 - Health Care Financial Management
- HA 6193 - Strategic Finance in Health Care
- HA 6133 - Strategic Use of HC Information Systems (rename)
- HA 6143 - Health Care Innovation and Entrepreneurship (rename)
- HA 6123 - Health Care Analytics & Analysis
- HA 6253 - Health Care Quality & Outcomes
- HA 6243 - Population Health & Global Perspectives
- HA 6223 - Strategic Marketing in Health Care
- HA 6263 - Health Care Strategy