Examine how the human body functions, moves, and grows stronger. Equip yourself to help others become better versions of themselves. Our interdisciplinary program teaches you how to empower your community through wellness, health and fitness.
At Lipscomb you will receive the highest quality didactic instruction in our state-of-the-art facilities with passionate, qualified professors. You’ll also benefit from their relationships with local practices and organizations, getting plenty of hands-on experience in Nashville.
Earn a degree that will pave your path to a career as a physical or occupational therapist, physician assistant, chiropractor, nurse, or any other professional health care field you could imagine. When you graduate, you’ll join the rest of your peers who landed careers in the field or were admitted to the allied health graduate schools of their choice.
Specific courses required:
- AT 3002 - Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries
- BY 1134 - Principles of Biology: Cell and Genetics
- BY 1144 - Principles of Biology: Diversity and Ecology
- BY 3514 - Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- BY 3524 - Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- CM 1113 - General Chemistry I
- CM 1211 - General Chemistry Laboratory I
- EX 2533 - Kinesiology
- EX 3002 - Mechanics of Movement
- EX 3363 - Biostatistics
- EX 4113 - Exercise Physiology
- EX 4123 - Exercise Physiology Lab
- EX 4133 - Exercise Evaluation and Prescription
- EX 4143 - Special Topics in Exercise Science
- EX 4153 - Strength and Conditioning Program Design
- EX 4163 - Applied Exercise Physiology
- EX 4224 - Externship in Kinesiology
- HL 1303 - Healthful Living
- HL 3302 - First Aid and Emergency Care
- NUTR 2613 - Principles of Nutrition
- MG 3503 - Leading and Managing People or MK 3503 - Principles of Marketing
- PE 2203 - Foundations in Kinesiology
- PE 2402 - Concepts of Motor Learning
- PE 4323 - Administration of Exercise Related Programs
- PE 4502 - Seminar in Kinesiology
All students majoring in exercise science must achieve a ""C"" or above in all department courses required for the exercise science major.