If you want to work with individuals with disabilities outside the classroom, this is the degree for you. Our unique degree will provide you the opportunity to experience working in a nonprofit or therapy setting — and even start your own business.
You'll increase in confidence as you work with Lipscomb's IDEAL students. And you'll apply what you've learned off-site in a practicum with a nonprofit agency for people with disabilities. Our accomplished faculty will counsel you in your mission along the way.
- ED 2313 - Schooling in America
- ED 3343 - Cultural Perspectives in Education
- ED 3353 - Characteristics and Assessment of Students with Disabilities
- ED 3373 - Supporting Behavior of Students with Disabilities
- ED 4043 - Complex Disabilities
- ED 4213 - Collaboration and Co-teaching
- ED 4223 - Communication, Language and Social Development
- ED 4233 - Special Education Law and Ethics
- ED 4xx6 - Disability Studies Practicum
- HI 2213 - History of the United States I OR HI 2223 - History of the United States II
- HI 3323 - Cultural Geography
- SW 3313 - Child Welfare
- LJS 3303 - Influencing Change through Civic Engagement
- LJS 3403 - Conflict Management
- EN 3013 - Advanced Composition and Rhetoric
- PS 3243 - Human Development and Learning
- Choose one class in Fine Arts.