We know psychology has practical application in every facet of life. And, it provides a strong foundation for many career paths. So we've designed a broad curriculum with opportunities that will give you the training you need for your career goals. You'll learn to understand yourself and others better. Our electives will allow you to study what interests you the most.
Excel with research and internship opportunities in Nashville. You'll also have the chance to attend and present research at conferences and join in Psi Chi National Honor Society in Psychology.
Build relationships with our respected, experienced faculty — award-winning professors and working clinicians. Our faculty holds six Outstanding Teacher awards, two Baker Awards, and two Outstanding Advisor Awards. They represent the areas of counseling, family therapy, clinical psychology, health psychology, neuroscience, child development and cognitive psychology.
When you receive your degree, you'll be ready for graduate work, if you choose that career path. No matter what, you'll be ready to take what you've learned to serve others, whether it's at home or across international lines.
Specific courses required (36 hours):
- PS 1113 - Introduction to Psychology
- PS 2313 - Behavior Modification
- PS 2423 - Life Span Development
- PS 2503 - Behavioral Statistics
- PS 2603 - Introduction to Psychological Research
- PS 3413 - Social Psychology
- PS 3463 - Personality Theories
- PS 3543 - Psychological Measurement
- PS 4423 - Abnormal Psychology
- PS 4523 - Cognitive Psychology
- PS 4543 - Biological Psychology and
- PS 4613 - History and Systems of Psychology
Available electives (9 hours):
- PS 3141 - Independent Research
- PS 3243 - Human Development and Learning
- PS 3323 - Business and Industrial Psychology
- PS 3453 - Death and Dying
- PS 3483 - Human Sexuality
- PS 3513 - Drugs and Behavior
- PS 412V - Psychological Topics
- PS 460V - Internship in Psychology
- PS 4913 - Research Practicum