Register Now for the 2021 Behavioral Health and Primary Care Integration Conference
The 2021 conference is free to participants and will be held over Zoom. Continuing Education credit will be available to participants. Click here to register.
The Lipscomb Initiative for Behavioral Health Integration is excited to host the 2021 Behavioral Health and Primary Care Integration Conference on July 29 and 30 from 9 am - 3 pm. The conference will highlight evidence supporting programs and practices for the integration of behavioral health in primary care and other integrated health care settings. Special attention will be focused on health disparities and medication assisted treatment for substance use disorders. Continuing education credit will be available to participants.
- Define health equity and identify social determinants of health
- Identify drivers of health disparities in Tennessee
- List ways that social determinants of health impact the clinical decision making process
- Describe the current opioid crisis in the Middle TN area
- Discuss medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for substance use disorders and opioid use disorders
- Explain how stigma and bias create barriers to effective treatment of substance use disorders and opioid use disorders
- Earn NBCC or NASW-TN Continuing Education credit
Lipscomb University, Department of Psychology & Counseling, Graduate Studies in Counseling, has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 4585. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Lipscomb University, Department of Psychology and Counseling, Graduate Studies in Counseling, is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.