Lipscomb is committed to maintaining a safe and nondiscriminatory environment for all students, faculty and staff on campus.
As stated in Titles VII and IX in the Civil Rights Act of 1964, it is illegal to discriminate on the basis of sex in educational programs and sports activities. But more than that, these violations also go against all that we believe as a Christ-centered community. The Title IX office seeks to enforce the core values of our community by serving others impartially, respecting each person we interact with, expanding our knowledge and delivering our best.
Our job and commitment in the Title IX Office is to prevent and end all forms of sexual misconduct and discrimination including but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual assault, intimate partner violence and stalking. The Title IX Office implements policies and programs to prevent sexual misconduct and discrimination, providing education and training to the campus community and staying in line with all applicable state and federal laws.
The Title IX Office does much more than sexual misconduct prevention and formal grievance processes, although that is a major part of our work. We are here to listen to you, walk with you and offer resources and support if you are faced with an issue of sexual misconduct or discrimination.
Contact us if:
- You are seeking more information on your rights and the options available to resolve an incident involving sexual misconduct or discrimination.
- You need assistance filing a report of sexual misconduct or discrimination.
- You would like to notify the university of a concern that might involve Title IX issues.
- You are questioning if something you or a friend have experienced is a Title IX offense.
- You would like information on the resources available to you for support including confidential resources, supportive measures and off campus resources.