Enter a journey that will help you become an effective educational leader and open doors of opportunity that allow you to be the change in education that is needed. Whether your focus is K-12 or higher education – prepare yourself to lead in either public or private academic environments.
The Doctor of Education in Learning Organizations and Strategic Change is focused on educational leadership, theory, practice, collaboration, research, global perspectives on learning, innovation, organizational change and ethics as part of Christian faith.
We offer an optional Higher Education Cognate if you are interested in focusing on the college and university sector.
We know that you want to start making a difference now. That’s why our program culminates with practical, collaborative doctoral research that addresses real needs in authentic settings for the purpose of informing educational practice.
We offer the same rigorous program in two delivery formats: on-campus and online. Study in a program that includes a focus on the intersection of faith and professional practice—from wherever you are.
Watch the information session webinar for the Doctor of Education program.
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee
- Official transcripts
- Official MAT or GRE test score; this requirement has been waived for Fall 2021 applicants.
- If you have a previous MAT or GRE official score report you are still encouraged to submit this document.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Current Supervisor is required
- Two written personal statements on the following topics:
- Faith and spiritual development
- Purpose Statement- detailing why the applicant wishes to pursue this degree
- Current resume
- Writing assessment
Fall 2021 Admissions Timeline
- Application Deadline- March 31, 2021
The Fall 2021 application deadline has been extended. Please contact Kristin Blankenship for more information.
- Interviews Conducted- April 1-30, 2021
- Acceptances Announced- May 3-7, 2021
- Program Begins- August 2021
Tuition & Aid
- $953* per credit hour
- $763* with in-service scholarship. Lipscomb offers a 20% ‘in-service scholarship’ to all full-time educators (K-12 or higher education).
*Note: The graduate tuition rates may increase annually, effective each summer semester.
As you give back to the community, Lipscomb University wants to give back to you. The College of Education offers significant scholarships to current educators and administrators. Check out the following information to see if you qualify for scholarships.
All completed applications should be mailed to:
College of Education
One University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204