Advance your career with the convenience and affordability of Lipscomb Online.
It’s no secret that you need cross-cultural skills in today’s fast-moving business world. Effective cross-cultural leaders can bridge barriers across cultures and lead diverse teams to meet business objectives, but global leadership transcends national and ethnic cultures. It requires the ability to maneuver organizational cultures and systems, too.
Lipscomb University’s graduate certificate program in Global Leadership equips leaders to create consensus among groups with distinct values, attitudes and practices, and helps them develop a global perspective that will strategically benefit their organization. Build experience that leads to an understanding of domestic and international cultures and markets, and expand your perspective as a leader to see opportunities and threats. With one-on-one feedback from expert faculty and the opportunity to hear from global leaders, you’ll learn to lead diverse teams, set goals and cast vision using transnational skills to manage across borders, regardless of your location or ethnic background.
The Certificate in Global Leadership is a Gainful Employment program regulated by the U.S. Department of Education. The U.S. Department of Education requires additional information be provided to you about this certificate program. For more information, view the Gainful Employment Disclosure.
Ready to apply? Let’s get started. We’re here to help at every step. Here’s what you’ll need to apply to Lipscomb Online.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee or fee waiver
- Official college transcripts from all schools attended (minimum 2.5 GPA)
- Two professional recommendations
- Interview with faculty
If your undergraduate GPA is below 2.5, please provide a standardized test score or evidence of substantive professional experience.
Steps to Apply
Follow these simple steps to submit your application for admission:
- Complete our online application. Please be sure to list each college you have previously attended.
- Request to have your transcript(s) from all previous schools and colleges sent directly to Lipscomb. Mail to:
One University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204
- You may submit the $50 application fee via credit card after completing the online application, or mail a check made out to “Lipscomb University” to the address above.
Program of Study
The 15-hour Global Leadership Certificate can stand alone as a graduate credential.
Global Leadership Certificate (15 hours)
OGLD 5013 - Leading Across Cultures
This course will give learners global exposure with a unique view of the comparative attributes of leadership in different cultures. It will provide an opportunity to encounter cases of current world issues and the multiple ways in which global cultures interpret the problem(s) they confront. It will further examine how they approach leadership toward resolution. Students will be asked to apply their global agility skills to be a part of problem-solving.
OGLD 5153 - International Trends and Cultural Diversity
Effective performers translate global trends into local action, consult a global network to shape ideas, consider global implications of domestic current events and have a global knowledge-base.
OGLD 5403 - Leadership Skills and Assessment
This course includes an initial assessment of leadership skills for students followed by individualized feedback, a personalized learning plan and further development of one out of 15 CORE competency areas. Development of the chosen competency area will support each student’s career goals by including work with a competency development coach, online learning modules, job-embedded activities and feedback. The price of this course includes transcription fees of all demonstrated competency areas.
OGLD 5413 - Individual and Socio-cultural Skills
This course builds upon the personal competencies of self-objectivity, learning agility, change mastery and composure as well as the social competencies of relationship building, information sharing and social awareness to develop leadership agility in vision, influence, team building and communication. Students will define, analyze and begin to develop and demonstrate the capacities for self-transformation, self-contextualization, omnicompetence, gifts of spiritual leadership, ethnorelativism and transcendence.
OGLD 5623 - Talent Development and Coaching for Leaders
In this self-paced, competency-based, coach-enhanced course, students will study cases, conduct job (or community) embedded projects, role play situations, conduct peer coaching conversations, lead work teams and work with a coach to develop and demonstrate the competencies of talent development, leader identification and team management.
Prerequisite: OGLD 5403
Tuition & Aid
Time is precious, especially for a busy adult like yourself. That’s why Lipscomb created personalized online programs tailored to fit your career needs and busy schedule. Lipscomb Online offers the same high-quality degree as our traditional on-campus programs with the flexibility to fit your life. Tuition is $899 per credit hour.
Earn a Lipscomb education in a way that fits your budget through financial aid opportunities like scholarships, grants, loans and part-time employment.
- Grants: You may qualify for federal grants or grants from other sources specific to your program of study and personal background.
- Loans: Finance your education through one or more loans, either from the federal government or a private lender, that you can repay after college.
- Scholarships: Depending on your credentials, you may qualify for scholarships from federal, state and other sources.
- Tuition Discounts: If your employer offers tuition assistance or has a corporate partnership with Lipscomb University, you may be eligible for an application fee waiver and reduced tuition.
- Military Benefits: Veterans, military members and their families attending Lipscomb may qualify for a variety of aid, including scholarships, stipends and tuition assistance.