Advance your career with the convenience and affordability of Lipscomb Online.
In today’s fast-paced, rapidly changing, dynamic business environment, you need the expertise and professional development that comes with a graduate certificate in Business Leadership from Lipscomb University to keep your competitive edge and continue to thrive.
As an accomplished leader who wants to grow revenue and profitability, increase employee satisfaction and customer engagement, and equip yourself to make strategic decisions, you’ll become an expert in the mechanics of business as you create and direct organizational goals and relationships. With the guidance of our caring, experienced faculty, you’ll cultivate your gift for shepherding others and enhance your business knowledge to strengthen your professional standing. With an expanded repertoire of business intelligence, you’ll have the confidence to handle any business challenge that comes your way and lead others to a common goal. Elevate your professional path and seize opportunities to lead within your organization.
Ready to apply? Let’s get started. We’re here to help at every step. Here’s what you’ll need to apply to Lipscomb Online.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee or fee waiver
- Official college transcripts from all schools attended (minimum 2.5 GPA)
- Two professional recommendations
- Interview with faculty
If your undergraduate GPA is below 2.5, please provide a standardized test score or evidence of substantive professional experience.
Steps to Apply
Follow these simple steps to submit your application for admission:
- Complete our online application. Please be sure to list each college you have previously attended.
- Request to have your transcript(s) from all previous schools and colleges sent directly to Lipscomb. Mail to:
One University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204
- You may submit the $50 application fee via credit card after completing the online application, or mail a check made out to “Lipscomb University” to the address above.
Program of Study
The 12-hour Business Leadership Certificate can stand alone as a graduate credential.
Business Leadership Certificate (12 hours)
PSBL 5013 - Strategic Leadership
This course blends leadership theory with practice. Students will learn the key dimensions of leadership and explore best practices and the theories underpinning them. Topics covered include strategy, the importance of communication, team leadership, ushering change, emotional intelligence, and driving purpose, value and mission within a culture.
PSBL 5023 - Market Based Management
This course is an advanced study of the practices and policies of sales and marketing management in business firms, including the study of markets, market trends, sales organization, sales planning, sales promotion, salesmanship and consumer relations.
PSBL 5033 - Accounting for Leaders
This course introduces students to management use of financial accounting data for internal decision making. A study of financial statement analysis, reporting of cash flows, cost-volume-profit analysis, cost systems and allocation methods, short-term decision-making, operational budgeting and performance management. It is recommended that students take Accounting for Leaders prior to Financial Management.
PSBL 5043 - Financial Management for Leaders
The introduction to financial accounting concepts, covering fundamentals of financial statement preparation for partnerships and corporations based on a user's perspective. A study of the full accounting cycle in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles for the financial reporting of assets, liabilities and equity.
Tuition & Aid
Time is precious, especially for a busy adult like yourself. That’s why Lipscomb created personalized online programs tailored to fit your career needs and busy schedule. Lipscomb Online offers the same high-quality degree as our traditional on-campus programs with the flexibility to fit your life. Tuition is $899 per credit hour.
Earn a Lipscomb education in a way that fits your budget through financial aid opportunities like scholarships, grants, loans and part-time employment.
- Grants: You may qualify for federal grants or grants from other sources specific to your program of study and personal background.
- Loans: Finance your education through one or more loans, either from the federal government or a private lender, that you can repay after college.
- Scholarships: Depending on your credentials, you may qualify for scholarships from federal, state and other sources.
- Tuition Discounts: If your employer offers tuition assistance or has a corporate partnership with Lipscomb University, you may be eligible for an application fee waiver and reduced tuition.
- Military Benefits: Veterans, military members and their families attending Lipscomb may qualify for a variety of aid, including scholarships, stipends and tuition assistance.