Use our online form to receive a credit evaluation and find out how your hours will transfer.
We generally accept courses for transfer if they were earned at a regionally accredited college or university with a grade of “C” or higher. While transfer credit is subject to approval from the registrar, the admissions office has a few guidelines for accepting transfer credits.
- A maximum of 63 semester hours may be transferred from a two-year school. A maximum of 94 semester hours may be transferred from a four-year school.
- Students are not allowed to transfer more credit per term than they would have been permitted to earn per term at Lipscomb (18 hours).
- Course credits that are earned in a non-traditional way are subject to evaluation by the registrar and the department chair on a course-by-course basis.
- Technical or vocational credits are not eligible for transfer.
- Courses are generally accepted in transfer if they were earned at a regionally accredited college or university and are commonly regarded as a topic of study in the liberal arts.
- Nashville State Community College and Lipscomb University have a dual admissions agreement. Under this agreement, students who have been admitted to NSCC and meet the specified criteria will be automatically admitted to Lipscomb.
- Completion of general education credits from Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) institutions will be honored provided that the student has completed all requirements for an AS or AA degree OR the student has completed all of the general education requirements at a TBR institution.
- AP credits and CLEP testing will be accepted according to the following guidelines.
Tennessee Transfer Pathways
Lipscomb is a member of the Tennessee Transfer Pathways program, and has agreements to transfer credit agreements for over 25 programs with all Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) community colleges. Each transfer pathway program offered is outlined on the Tennessee Transfer Pathways website.