Gain skills to foster effective work with youth and families throughout the world. Lipscomb University's College of Bible & Ministry offers a bachelor's degree in Youth Ministry that focuses on what a healthy youth ministry looks like, equipping you with the knowledge and training you need.
This program is designed for individuals seeking to work with youth and families, but it is helpful for those who want to work with youth outside of the church. Throughout this degree, you will learn:
- How to welcome families into the spiritual care of children and youth
- Family science behind this work
- Congregational dynamics
Take your training outside of the classroom, as well. Network with local youth ministers at our monthly luncheons on campus and at the internship fair each year in November. Attend the Next Generation Youth Ministry conference hosted at Lipscomb.
You will be equipped to lead a healthy youth ministry within a church with key skills, such as managing a ministry budget, preparing curriculum, addressing family complexities and spiritually caring. This program is designed to create well-rounded ministers who are prepared to spiritually care for youth, in whatever context they find themselves.
Individuals pursuing a degree in Youth Ministry will take the following courses for a total of 60 credit hours.
- BI 2283 Explorations in Ministry
- BI 2713 Church History I
- BI 2723 Church History II
- BI 3203 God, Creation, and New Creation
- BI 3513 Introduction to Children’s, Youth, and Family Ministry
- BI 3523 The Youth Ministry Program
- BI 3533 Educating Children and Adolescents in the Church
- BI 3543 Family Ministry
- BI 3673 Teaching Scripture
- BI 3813 A Theology of the Church
- BI 3823 Christian Spiritual Formation for Community
- PL 4013 Philosophy of Religion
- BI 4503 Old Testament Interpretation
- BI 4513 New Testament Interpretation
- BI 4973 Senior Seminar
- BI 4Dn3 Bible Text Intensive (3) Fall (Old Testament), Spring (New Testament)
- BI 4S7V Family & Congregational Dynamics
- FS 3503 Family Dynamics