Spring 2023 Commencement Events
The following is the list of events leading up to the Spring 2023 Commencement Ceremony:
Thursday, March 23rd
9 a.m. - 6 p.m.: Grad Finale, Shinn Center
Friday, May 5th
8:30 a.m.: Provost's Breakfast
10:00 a.m.: Undergraduate Commencement Rehearsal, TBD
4:30 p.m.: Undergraduate Baccalaureate Ceremony, Collins Auditorium
5:30 p.m.: Baccalaureate Reception, Bison Square
Saturday, May 6th
8:30 a.m.: Graduate Commencement Rehearsal, TBD
10:30 a.m.: Graduate Commencement Ceremony, Allen Arena.
3:30 p.m.: Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony, Allen Arena
Graduation Application Deadlines
In order to be eligible to walk in commencement, every student must do the following before the application deadline for the semester of intended graduation:
- Fill out the Intent to Graduate form. This can be found in the student's MyLipscomb portal under the Registrar's Office page.
- Order their cap and gown through Jostens. Instructions for ordering a cap and gown can also be found in the student's MyLipscomb portal.
Students must apply for graduation during the application window immediately prior to their intended graduation date. If a student is graduating over the summer, then they have the option to participate in either the May or December commencement ceremony or not participate in a ceremony at all. Here are the application windows for each semester:
- Spring Graduation: August 1st - January 31st
- Fall Graduation: February 15th - September 15th
- Summer Graduation: October 1st - July 31st*
*If a summer graduate wishes to participate in the May ceremony, then the deadline to apply for graduation and order a cap and gown is January 31st. If a summer graduate wishes to participate in the December ceremony, then the deadline for application and to order a cap and gown is July 31st.