Calling all young songwriters!
Nashville is the capitol of the songwriting world, and the Lipscomb Commercial Music department is intimately connected with that community. We train creatives in the art and business of pursuing a career in music that is inspired and inspiring.
We are looking for submissions from young songwriters who are interested in honing their craft. We welcome submissions from any one who meets our criteria and have had submissions from across the world. You do not have to be associated with Lipscomb in any way to apply.
Requirements for the songs are as follows:
- Songwriter and/or co-writers must all be between 13-19 years of age and must not have begun courses at a University.
- Song need not be of any particular genre, but must feature music and lyric content
- Songs must be at least two minutes in length but no more than six minutes
- Songwriter must submit a lyric sheet for the song
- Entry should be an audio recording but can be delivered as an electronic file (MP3, MP4, Wav or AIFF format) or a link to an online delivery platform (ie. Soundcloud, Apple Music or Spotify)
- Songwriters may only submit one song
All submissions must be made by March 1st, 2022.
Submissions should be made at the link below and must include an audio recording and a lyric sheet. Recordings do not have to be professional. Judgment on winners is being made on the quality of the song, not on its production quality.
Songs are not being submitted for publication and Lipscomb will not retain any of the rights for any songs that a writer presents.
Finalist will be announced on March 23rd, 2022 and the winner will be announced on March 30th, 2022.
Finalists will receive feedback on their song from published commercial songwriters on our faculty.
Questions? Email Jeff.firstname.lastname@example.org