School of Computing
Dwayne caught the programming bug before the personal computing era. He represented Abilene Christian University as part of their International Computer Programming Contest team, placing sixth before graduating with a BS in Computer Science and moving to the Pacific Northwest where he led teams developing many popular cross-platform CD-ROM edutainment titles, for companies such as Hasbro, Matel, Intel, and Disney. He married Lydia and they raised a son and daughter. Later he helped found Docket Navigator where he created and deployed a suite of web-based tools to monitor, report, and analyze action in every US patent case. He occasionally acts as legal consultant in the area of software development and holds one granted patent and several pending patents on business software processes, but his first love is teaching.
BS in Computer Science, Abilene Christian University (1986); MS in Software Engineering, Texas Tech University (2004); PhD in Computer Science, Texas Tech University (2007).
School of Computing & Technology
- Object-oriented Programming
- Data Structures
- Operating Systems
- Competition Programming
- Software Studio
- Computer Science Education (CSE)
- Functional programming
- Semi-formal methods of verification
- Product-line development and code reuse
Measurement of the normalized 238U(n,f)/235U(n,f) cross section ratio from threshold to 30 MeV with the fission Time Projection Chamber. Physical Review C (March 2018).
The Data Analysis Framework for the NIFFTE Fission Time Projection Chamber. Nuclear Data Sheets (May 2014).
An Ethernet-based Data Acquisition System for the NIFFTE Time Projection Chamber, Nuclear Data Sheets (May 2014).
A Language Facilitating Informal Reasoning about Programs. Proceedings of the Nineteenth International Conference on Software Engineering & Knowledge Engineering (July 2007).
A Software Implementation Progress Model. Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering, 9th International Conference (March 2006)
ImageBuilder Software. Software Architecture, TC2 First Working IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (February 1999).
Display Maintenance: A Pattern Language. Pattern Languages of Programming Design 4 (September 1999).
- Founder and developer of DocketNavigator, an online legal research tool.
- Creator and maintainer of Athene, an online automated homework checker.
Automated Assessment in Computer Science Curricula. Christian Scholar Conference (May 2019).
- Elder, Westside Church of Christ, 2016-2017
- Sunday school teacher, Westside Church of Christ, Portland, OR
- Sunday school teacher, Woodmont Hills Church of Christ, Nashville, TN
- Small group leader, Westside Church of Christ, Portland, OR
- Short-term mission trip leader, Highland Church of Christ, Abilene, TX
- Advisory board member, Overton High School, 2018-2021
- Chairman of board, CenterPeace, 2016-2017