Shamblin Theatre, April 18, 2019 at 7 p.m.
Gala Awards Presentation and screening of the top films in each category!
Now Accepting Submissions!
Lipscomb's premier film event, the 5 Minute Film Festival, encourages creativity and collaboration as students from all over campus submit short films in several categories. The Department of Cinematic Arts partners with the Department of Music to host more than 250 attendees each year for the formal, student-led film festival.
Join peers, faculty, family and community members in celebrating student works at this red-carpet event. In addition to a number of cash prizes and trophies, you will also have the chance to receive the Grand Prize narrative film award. The winning film will be screened at the Nashville Film Festival, one of only 17 festivals in the world that are automatic qualifiers for Academy Award consideration.
- Narrative (Fiction)
- Screenplay (new for 2019!)
- Music Video (Note: due to copyright restrictions, this category is limited to original recordings by indie artists, i.e. you can't submit a video for your favorite Ed Sheeran song.)
- Best Narrative Film by a non-film major (This category is limited to students who have never taken a film production class at Lipscomb.)
- All films submitted must have a maximum running time of 5 minutes or less.
- Submissions limited to current Lipscomb University students.
- Do not use copyrighted material without permission (for music scores, we recommend Lipscomb student composers or music library sites like AudioNetwork.com).
- The films will be screened for a general audience, so keep it PG.
- For screenplay submissions: send a properly formatted screenplay of 7 pages or less (not including title page) as a .pdf file. We encourage you to submit unproduced screenplays, but only one screenplay per student may be submitted. For questions, contact email@example.com.
- Submissions should be uploaded using a transfer site such as Wetransfer, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Upload your film as 1080p or 720p h.264 or .mov file format
- Upload screenplay submissions as a .pdf file
- Email or share a download link with firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry deadline is Monday, March 25th at 11:59pm.
Grand Prize (Narrative): $500
First Prize (documentary, music video, screenplay): $300
Second Prize (in each of all five categories): $100
Third Prize: a trophy and the satisfaction of a job well done
Audience Award (in each category): $100 Regal Cinemas Gift Card
Additional Prizes for:
- Best Actress
- Best Cinematography
- Best Sound Design
- Best Original Music (composed by a Lipscomb student)
- Best Poster (designed by a Lipscomb student)
Open to all university students!