Middle Tennessee Events
Lipscomb provides Middle Tennessee alumni with plenty of options to visit the beating heart of the Bison community, Lipscomb’s campus, throughout the year.
In addition, the alumni office heads out into the region offering frequent business networking and meet-and-greet opportunities throughout the year.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on these annual on-campus events.
- Homecoming—This multi-day Homecoming celebration held the second weekend of November is the biggest alumni weekend activity of the year. This is your best opportunity to gather with old friends, current students and their families, and former mentors to fellowship together, cheer on the Bisons and enjoy a variety of special activities.
- Networking Events—The Office of Alumni Relations hosts several networking opportunities throughout the year, including special nights at Nashville Sounds and Nashville Predators games. Call 615.966.5840 or email email@example.com to see if any are being held in your area.
- Battle of the Boulevard Pre-Game Tailgate—Grab some dinner, photos with The Bison mascot and connect with the member of the Bison Herd before the annual winter basketball game with rival Belmont University. (This event is subject to basketball schedule)
- Family Weekend—This October weekend is a showcase event for families of students attending the university. Various family-friendly activities and learning opportunities are designed to give parents and friends of Lipscomb a chance to see what life is like for today’s student.
- Black & White Graduation Party—Graduating seniors are invited to a special spring reception at the president’s home to welcome them into the Alumni Association and GOLD Network.
- Summer Celebration Alumni Reception—The Office of Alumni Relations hosts an alumni reception for alumni who attend the annual Summer Celebration series at Lipscomb University in June or July.
- Nashville Business Breakfast—Lipscomb University holds a quarterly networking series featuring Nashville business leaders speaking about topics of local economic impact. Contact the Office of Alumni Relations to attend as their guest.
- Lighting of the Green—The Lipscomb community turns out in force each year to kick off the holiday season with Lighting of the Green on the Allen Arena Mall. The event traditionally includes an outdoor free concert by Amy Grant, free hot chocolate, food vendors and shopping at the Merry Marketplace to benefit scholarships offered by the Associated Women for Lipscomb.