Earn your degree with the convenience and affordability of Lipscomb Online.
Why study Public Administration?
True leaders serve sacrificially for the good of others. Leaders in public service and nonprofit organizations work to improve the lives of individuals and uplift communities to create greater opportunities and a better future for everyone.
Do you have a passion for helping others in your community? Then turn your passion into a profession and prepare to work in civil service to drive policy and influence change with a bachelor’s degree in Public Administration from Lipscomb University. Our experienced professional faculty will mold you as a servant leader in our faith-based approach to education and lead you to examine core principles of public administration. Through a project-based capstone course, you’ll take what you’ve learned and immediately apply that knowledge to help others in a real-world situation. When you graduate, you’ll be ready for a career that empowers you to shape the future.
Ready to apply? Let’s get started. We’re here to help at every step. Here’s what you’ll need to apply to Lipscomb Online.
- High school diploma
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee or fee waiver
- Official college transcripts from all schools attended (minimum 2.0 GPA)
- Official high school transcripts (if you have less than 30 hours of college credit)
Steps to Apply
- Complete our online application. Please be sure to list each college you have previously attended.
- Request to have your transcript(s) from your previous college(s) sent directly to Lipscomb. Mail to:
One University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204
- If you have completed fewer than 30 hours of accredited college work, an official high school transcript is also required. Contact the school board where your high school is (was) located, and have them mail the transcript to Admissions at the address above.
- You may submit the $50 application fee via credit card after completing the online application, or mail a check made out to "Lipscomb University" to the address above.
Program of Study
All undergraduate students must complete these General Education Requirements.
Major Courses (33 hours)
INST 2203 - Introduction to Research Methods
OGLD 3603 - Applied Leadership Ethics
OGLD 4993 - Capstone
PSMG 2013 - Management Principles for Leaders
PUB 1003 - American National Government and Administrative Law
PUB 1013 - Public Administration and Society
PUB 3003 - Management of Public Policy
PUB 3013 - Urban Politics
PUB 4003 - Public Finance and Budgeting
The following competencies are required, earned at the 3000 level or higher:
CORE 326V - Applied Organizing and Planning
CORE 329V - Applied Problem Solving and Decision Making
Upper Division Electives or an Approved Minor (12 hours)
Electives/Badges/Certificates (~32 hours)
Degree Type Requirements (6-8 hours)
Minimum Total for Graduation: 126 hours
Tuition & Aid
Time is precious, especially for a busy adult like yourself. That’s why Lipscomb created PACE, a personalized online program tailored to fit your career needs and busy schedule. Enroll in our eight-week SetPACE program or work on your own timeframe with our FlexPACE program.
Instead of a traditional 16-week semester, you can earn the same college credit in half the time—and at half the price of our traditional day program—through classes built for eight-week terms. SetPACE tuition is $525 per credit hour.
Personalize your pace of learning by making a one-time payment to complete courses in a four-month subscription period. Take one class a month, or ramp it up as you go—it’s up to you. FlexPACE tuition is $4,800 for a four-month subscription of courses.
In addition, you can earn up to 30 credit hours in one day through a behavioral assessment in our CORE Competency Assessment Center.
Lipscomb Online offers the same high-quality degree as our traditional on-campus programs with the flexibility to fit your life at a cost that’s half the price. Earn a Lipscomb education in a way that fits your budget through financial aid opportunities like scholarships, grants, loans and part-time employment.
- Grants: You may qualify for federal grants, such as the Pell Grant, or grants from other sources specific to your program of study and personal background.
- Loans: Finance your education through one or more loans, either from the federal government or a private lender, that you can repay after college.
- Scholarships: Depending on your credentials, you may qualify for scholarships from federal, state and other sources.
- Tuition Discounts: If your employer offers tuition assistance or has a corporate partnership with Lipscomb University, you may be eligible for an application fee waiver and reduced tuition.
- Military Benefits: Veterans, military members and their families attending Lipscomb may qualify for a variety of aid, including scholarships, stipends and tuition assistance.