Whether you're a new or current student, there’s several steps in the process from applying to receiving financial aid, so it’s good to understand where you are and what to expect next.
We are so glad you are here! There are several steps in the process from applying to receiving financial aid, including some wait time, so it’s good to understand where you are and what to expect next. We hope this helps as you think ahead on what’s to come.
Overview of Financial Aid Process
Step 1 - Apply for Aid
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) each year. Lipscomb’s School code: 003486
- If your parents will be using a Parent PLUS loan to help pay for your school year, they should complete the Parent PLUS application at studentaid.gov early in the summer. Please allow 2 weeks for Parent PLUS loans to appear on your account.
- Apply for any needed alternate loans from your chosen lender. Learn more about alternative loans and lenders here. Please allow 3 weeks for alternate loans to appear on your account.
Step 2 - Complete Verification (if applicable)
- In some instances, supporting documentation will be required to verify the data you submitted on the FAFSA. You will be notified if you are selected for verification.
- If you are contacted by our outside vendor KHEAA to submit documents, gather requested tax and income as soon as possible and upload to the KHEAA Verify link provided in their email.
- For identification only verification, the Financial Aid Office will send an email requesting that you stop by the Financial Aid office with your unexpired valid government-issued photo ID and complete a short Statement of Educational Purpose form.
Step 3: Review your Financial Aid Package
- You’ll be notified via your Lipscomb email address when a Financial Aid package is ready to view in your myLipscomb Student Portal. Review your aid and take action on any Federal Direct Loans offered to you. (see Step 4)
Step 4: Decision any Loans you are offered
- If you have completed your FAFSA, you will most likely see an offer for Federal Direct Student Loans as part of your Financial Aid Package. You need to reply to this offer by viewing your Aid Offer Letter through myLipscomb Student Portal and selecting the appropriate button to either Accept Loans or Reject Loans.
Step 5 - Pay your bill
- Make sure your aid is in place by reviewing your Registration Bill on your CNS Student Portal under My Finances > My Registration Bill. All Accepted aid will be listed in Pending status and be deducted from the amount owed. Disbursement of your aid to your bill will occur a few weeks after the start of classes.
- Bills are due on the following dates:
- Fall Term: Aug 1st
- Spring Term: Dec 1st
- Summer Term: May 1st
- Any remaining balance should be paid or set up a payment plan by the term due date. Information about the Lipscomb Payment Plan is available here.