- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccination. Required for all students born after 1956. You must submit copies of documentation of two MMR immunizations given 4 weeks apart or 2 doses of each vaccine: measles, mumps, and rubella. If you think you have had the immunizations but do not have proof, then you need to have a blood test (a titer*) to see if you are immune for all three diseases. A copy of your titers is acceptable, but if you do not have acceptable levels of antibodies then you must get a MMR booster.
- TB screening. Required for all students. We have a TB Risk Assessment Tool if you are unsure of whether you need a TB screening test. If any “yes” answers, one of our nurses will need to determine whether you require a TB test. All pharmacy, nursing, and dietetic students must have a TB test within the past 12 months. Talk to your program coordinator for details. A TB test can be any of the following: a PPD skin test, a Quantiferon Gold blood test, or chest x-ray administered within the past 12 months. If you are a returning student and have not been enrolled in school for one calendar year or more, you are required to repeat this test upon your admission.
- Hepatitis B vaccination. A series of three (3) doses of the vaccine are required for all students. Those students who are not in a health science program (pharmacy, nursing, and dietetic interns) may sign a waiver of declination. Missed doses may still be sought after matriculation if only one or two have been acquired. Pharmacy, nursing, and dietetic intern students must have the Hepatitis B series or a positive titer* (Hepatitis B Surface Antibody).
- Meningitis vaccination. Required for all new residential students. If a student decides to decline receipt of the meningitis vaccination, then a waiver of declination must be signed.
- Varicella. All new students born after 1979 must show proof of varicella (chickenpox) immunity through one of three ways: 1. Proof of 2 varicella vaccines given 4 weeks apart. 2. A positive titer* to varicella zoster. 3. Documentation of varicella infection from a healthcare provider.
Pharmacy and Nursing Students must receive
Varicella vaccinations (series of two) or must submit proof of immunity by means of a titer. History of disease is not acceptable--a titer* must be drawn.
Tetanus/diptheria vaccinations - booster must be within the past 10 years (Td or Tdap).
Tips on finding immunization records:
Please note: LU Student Health Services does NOT require a physical examination prior to admission though it is a good idea.
If you have questions, please contact the Health Center at (615) 966-6304 or 1-800-333-4358 ext. 6304 or email Melanie at email@example.com. Our fax number is (615)966-5286.
All forms require Adobe Reader to download. You may download this program for free from Adobe by clicking HERE.