You’re here because you or someone you know and love is about to graduate, and you are going to be part of the day. Here’s what you need to know:
Fall 2013 Commencement
December graduates must register for GN 999X in spring semester
July 1, 2013 Deadline for December 2013 graduates to file Intent to Graduate form in
the Registrar's Office.
December 11-13, 2013 Undergraduate caps and gowns will be distributed in Crisman Administration Building.
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Master & Doctoral candidates see Program Director for regalia.
December 14, 2013 Provost Breakfast for Undergraduate students and their spouses - RSVP
December 14, 2013 Mandatory Rehearsal in Allen Arena.
December 14, 2013 Reception for all graduates.
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
December 14, 2013 Lined up under Allen Arena and dressed in regalia.
December 14, 2013 Ceremony - Allen Arena
Spring 2014 Commencement
May graduates must register for GN 999X in fall semester
December 1, 2013 Deadline for May 2014 graduates to file Intent to Graduate form in
the Registrar's Office.
April 30 - May 2, 2014 Undergraduate cap and gowns will be distributed in Crisman Administration Building lobby.
8:00 - 4:30 Master & Doctoral candidates see Program Director for regalia.
May 3, 2014 Provost Breakfast for Undergraduate students and their spouses - RSVP
May 3, 2014 Mandatory Rehearsal in Allen Arena.
May 3, 2014 Reception for all graduates.
May 3, 2014 Lined up under Allen Arena in regalia.
May 3, 2014 Ceremony - Allen Arena
To get oriented to campus—including locating parking areas listed next—click here.
There are very few parking spots on campus that are not open to you; we do not do permit-only parking. With the exception of spots specifically reserved with temporary or permanent signage, you can park anywhere! Here are some parking options for you:
- There are two parking garages near Allen Arena open to the public. One is attached to the arena, accessible from the Granny White Pike side of the campus. The other parking garage is just south of the arena next to the baseball diamond and near Ezell, accessible from the Belmont Avenue side of the campus.
- The university leases parking space at the Stokes School building on Belmont just north of the traffic light at Glen Echo.
- During graduations and major events only, the Granny White Church of Christ on Granny White Pike graciously allows our guests to use their large parking lots if they don’t have something already scheduled.
- Parking spaces around Lipscomb Academy are also available to you when the academy is not in session.
- The parking area at the athletic complex at Lealand and Caldwell Lane, about three blocks from campus, is available, however, shuttles are not always provided. When shuttles are running, signage at the edges of campus alerts you to that amenity.
- If you are bringing a guest with a mobility issues, you are welcome to drop them off at any location before you park elsewhere. Be vigilant; pedestrians have absolute right of way anywhere on campus, and you may not leave an automobile running unattended.
If you have any problems while on our campus
Security personnel are located throughout the area, 24/7. Or you can call the security office at 615.966.7600 any time. Campus maps are in kiosks at most campus entry points. If you have a medical or police emergency, call 9-1-1.
For Lipscomb’s parking and traffic regulations, click here.