Lipscomb productions win nominations in BroadwayWorld annual awards contest
By Janel Shoun on 12/13/2010
The Lipscomb University Theatre Department and the Blackbird Theater, Lipscomb's Artists-in-Residence, have been nominated for eight 2010 BroadwayWorld Nashville Awards.
|Twilight of the Gods|
The theatre department’s productions of “Doubt” and “Ragtime” were nominated as well as the Blackbird’s original production of “Twilight of the Gods.”
BroadwayWorld, the largest theater site on the web, has selected 287 nominees in 25 categories representing theater productions in the Nashville area from Dec. 1, 2009 to Nov. 1, 2010. The awards will recognize excellence, as voted by the fans of Nashville theater, and will encompass all of the various forms and sizes of theater in the area.
Lipscomb's nominations include:
- Best Actor in a Musical (Non-Professional) - Caleb Pritchett - Ragtime
- Best Actress in a Play (Professional) - Nan Gurley
- Best Musical (Non-Professional) - Ragtime
- Best Play (Professional) - Doubt
Blackbird’s "Twilight of the Gods" is nominated for:
- Best Actor in a Play (Non-Professional) - Patrick Cramer
- Best Actress in a Play (Non-Professional) - Brittany Byrd
- Best New Work
- Best Play (Non-Professional)