Graduate Studies in Exercise and Nutrition Science Admissions Requirements
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in either Exercise Science or Nutrition. If a student wants to enter the program from another discipline, then the following prerequisites are required: 6-8 hours in Biology; 6-8 hours in Anatomy and Physiology; 6-8 hours in Chemistry; one Nutrition Course; One Exercise Physiology course (recommended but not required).
- Official Transcripts
- GRE score (Current Score: 145 Verbal and 145 Quantitative minimum/Prior Score: Combined Score of 800 minimum)
- 2.75 Grade Point Average (GPA) on all undergraduate work (higher science GPA is desirable)
- 2 recommendation forms
For more information on the GRE test and dates, click here: www.ets.org/gre
Deadline to Apply
- Deadline to apply for the Summer class each year is April 20.
- Deadline to apply for the Fall class each year is July 20.
- Deadline to apply for the Spring class each year is December 20.
Steps to Apply
Applicants to graduate programs must submit the following:
- Application Form. Each applicant must complete an application form. The application can be completed online or downloaded in a PDF version**.
- Application Fee. Each application should be accompanied by a $50 nonrefundable application fee ($75 for international students).
- Standardized exam score. Each applicant must submit their scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). For more information on the GRE, visit http://www.ets.org/gre. A minimum combined score of 288 is required on the current GRE format and 800 on the prior GRE format. Students who have already earned a master’s level degree may apply to the program without submitting a standardized test score.
- References. Two reference forms are required as follows: one from a college or university administrator or professor and one from a professional supervisor/employer, or personal reference.
- Official Transcript(s). Each applicant must submit an official transcript, showing degree conferral when appropriate, from all schools attended.
- Health Form. Each applicant must submit a completed health form signed by a healthcare provider. (To print a copy of the health form, visit http://healthcenter.lipscomb.
- FERPA. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act affords students certain rights of access to educational records; even if you are independent of your parents, you must submit this form prior to enrollment.
- Résumé. A résumé detailing the applicant’s work and academic experience is required.
- TOEFL. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for international students. (See section titled International Students for more information.)
REGISTRATION NOTICE: After admission has been confirmed, graduate students are required to submit additional documentation to begin registering for courses. To view and download these forms please click here.
All application items should be submitted to the Graduate Studies in Exercise and Nutrition Science office no later than 30 days before the beginning of the semester or term in which the student plans to enroll. Forms should be mailed to: Graduate Studies in Exercise and Nutrition Science, Lipscomb University, One University Park Drive, Nashville TN 37204-3951.