Student Activities Center
The SAC is open to the following groups: Lipscomb University students, employees of the University, and members.
- Monday - 5:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Tuesday - 5:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Wednesday - 5:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Thursday - 5:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Friday - 5:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sunday - 2 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Weight Room Racquetball & Basketball Courts Group Fitness Studio
- Patrons must check-in at the control desk.
- Patrons must have a valid Lipscomb or membership ID.
- Patrons under the age of 18 must have parental supervision.
- Patrons are financially responsible for equipment rented.
- Courts and studios are on a first come first serve basis and must be checked out at the control desk.
- Dunking or hanging on basketball rims is prohibited.
- Gym shoes and shirts are required.
- Offensive language or behavior, roughhousing, and fighting will not be tolerated.
- Facility use may be suspended or revoked at any time.
- Place all personal belongings in lockers or cubbies.
- Approved Lipscomb programs and events have first priority.
- Patrons are under video surveillance.
- Lipscomb is not responsible for any lost of stolen items.
Weight Room Policies
- Patrons under the age of 18 are not permitted in the weight room.
- Food and drinks are not permitted—water bottles only.
- Personal belongings must be kept in a locker or cubby. Lipscomb University is not responsible for any lost or stolen property.
- All equipment is first come first served.
- During peak times there is a 30-minute time limit on cardio equipment.
- Please do not do multiple sets on weight machines during busy times.
- Collars must be used on all free weight equipment.
- Weights, plates, dumbbells and accessories must be re-racked and/or returned to their proper storage areas after use.
- Do not drop the weights. This includes, but is not limited to, barbells, dumbbells, free weight equipment and other weight training machines. If you hear a “bang” or the weight bounces on the floor, you are dropping weights. Every time a weight is dropped, it endangers yourself and others around you, damages the floor, disrupts classes and offices and lowers the life expectancy of the weight. Patrons who carelessly drop weights and have been asked more than once to stop dropping weights will be asked to leave the weight room. If you are performing dead lifts, please do not bang the weights on the floor.
- No Olympic movements allowed. Explosive movements provide an unsafe environment for patrons around you. These movements include anything that requires jumping or your feet leaving the ground.
- Use spotters on all heavy lifts. Weight room supervisors can assist in spotting.
- Equipment must be wiped down after each use.
- Do not remove workout equipment from the weight room.
- Please notify campus recreation staff of any equipment that is not functioning properly.
- Personal trainers must be on contract with Lipscomb University.