William B. Fredenberger
Professor of Informatics and Information Technology Management
- Ph D, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, Management Information Systems. (1990).
- MBA, Valdosta State University, Valdosta, GA, Finance. (1976).
- BSc, The Citadel, Charleston, S.C., Business Administration. (1961).
Previous Employment and Extracurricular Activities
- College of Business, Lipscomb University, Adjunct Professor (2009-Present).
- College of Business, Valdosta State University, Full Professor. (1988 – 2009).
- Georgia Small Business Development Center, MIS Director. (1985 - 1988).
- Valdosta State University, Director of Small Business Development Center. (1981 - 1985).
- NCR Corporation, Account Executive - Wholesale & Manufacturing Accounts. (1976 - 1981).
- Valdosta State College, Student in MBA Program. (1975 - 1976).
- Roger Budd Chevrolet, General Sales Manager. (1973 - 1975).
- Skyline Corporation, Regional Sales Manager. (1971 - 1973).
- Mike Bajalia Real Estate, Real Estate Agent. (1970 - 1971).
- USAF, Officer and Pilot. (1961 - 1970).
- Schnake, M. E., Williams, R. J., Fredenberger, W. B. (2007). Relationships Between Frequency of Use of Career Management Practices and Employee Attitudes, Intention to Turnover, and Job Search Behavior. Journal of Organizational Culture, Communications and Conflict, 11(1), 53-64.
- Ware, F. A., Fredenberger, W. B. (2006). A Family Business Successor Considers Quantitative Methods. Southeast Case Research Journal, 3(2), 59-63.
- Schnake, M. E., Williams, R. J., Fredenberger, W. B. (2006). Women on Boards of Directors: Effects on Firm Social Performance in the Basic Materials and Financial Services Sectors. Journal of Applied Business Research, 22(1), 31-40.
- Schnake, M. E., Fredenberger, W. B., Dumler, M. P. (2005). Predicting overall ethical climate, student retention, cheating, satisfaction with university, and perceived stress with university with student perceptions of faculty unethical behavior. Academy of Educational Leadership Journal, 9(3), 31-39.
- Williams, R. J., Schnake, M. E., Fredenberger, W. B. (2005). The Impact of Corporate Strategy on a Firm's Reputation. Corporate Reputation Review, 8(3), 187-197.
- Schnake, M. E., Fredenberger, W. B., Williams, R. J. (2005). The Influence of Board Characteristics on the Frequency of 10-K Investigations of Firms in the Financial Services Sector. Journal of Business Strategy, 22(2), 101-117.
- Schnake, M. E., Fredenberger, W. B., Dumler, M. P. (2004). Dimensions of student perceptions of faculty ethical behavior: Refining a measure and relationships with selected outcome variables. Academy of Educational Leadership Journal, 8, 1-16.
- Schnake, M. E., Dumler, M. P., Fredenberger, W. B., Schnake, S. (2004). Surprising Student Choices of traditional vs. nontraditional learning approaches in an undergraduate organizational behavior course. Academy of Educational Leadership Journal, 8, 23-34.
- Fredenberger, W. B., Fadil, P. A. (2001). Revitalizing PCDA in the Workplace: A Documentable Method for Institutional Success. Business Research Yearbook.
Honors and Awards
- Valdosta State University College of Business, Scholarship/Research. (2006, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000).