Take your nursing career to the next level with our online RN-to-BSN program.
Research shows 79.6 percent of employers want BSN-prepared nurses. And lower mortality rates, fewer medication errors and positive outcomes are an outcome of nurses prepared at the baccalaureate level (AACN, Oct. 2017).
We understand that priorities often feel like barriers — family, time, work and finances. And we also know that furthering your education may seem impossible.
That's why we offer an affordable online RN-to-BSN program. You can earn up to 27 college credit hours based on prior learning. Combined with your associate's degree in nursing, you'll be 75 percent closer to graduating with your BSN.
You can earn your BSN within 18 months with as few as 33 credit hours with our accessible program. When you learn with us, you're not a number. You're treated as who you are — a human created in the divine image of God.
Be a Lipscomb nurse.
*Students who reside outside the state of Tennessee who are considering an online nursing program should contact the appropriate board of nursing in the state of residency to confirm whether the course or program meets requirements for online degree programs prior to beginning a course of study.
If the student moves from the state of Tennessee after admission to the program, continuation in the program will depend on the availability of the program within the new state where the student is physically present. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the Lipscomb University School of Nursing of a change in physical residence.
1. Associate of Science in Nursing degree or equivalent (official transcripts required)
2. Unencumbered Registered Nursing License or eligibility to sit for NCLEX-RN exam (must pass exam prior to beginning coursework)
3. Submission of brief essay responses (on application form)
4. Submission of at least two professional letters of recommendation
5. Background check and drug screen
- NURB 3023 Health Assessment for the RN (3 hours)
- NURB 3043 Health Promotion in Nursing (3 hours)
- NURB 3093 Pathophysiology (3 hours)
- NURB 3033 Pharmacology (3 hours)
- NURB 3013 Cultural Issues in Nursing (3 hours)
- NURB 4013 Nursing Informatics (3 hours)
- NURB 4023 Gerontology (3 hours)
- NURB 4063 Research & Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing (3 hours)
- NURB 4033 Leadership & Management for Nursing (3 hours)
- NURB 4043 Population-Based Nursing (3 hours)
- NURB 4093 RN-to-BSN Capstone Course (3 hours) *Must be taken last in sequence
- $525 per credit hour (33 nursing credits with 27 credits of Leadership curriculum. Can earn the 27 leadership curriculum credits for free during orientation)
- $3,150 estimated fees (admission fees, orientation, CORE Assessment Center Fee, registration, activities, technology fee, graduation and pinning fees, background checks and drug screens, required apparel)