Earn your degree with the convenience and affordability of Lipscomb Online.
Why study Organizational Communication?
Anticipated Start Date: Summer 2020
Regardless of what you do or where you work, the success of every organization, whether large or small, depends on effective communication. Learning to communicate well increases clarity and efficiency, and promotes collaboration among individuals and teams. Equip yourself for success with Lipscomb University’s Organizational Communication program.
Ensure your message reaches your target audience and conveys the meaning you intend. You'll learn to communicate with clarity, respect and compassion—even in challenging circumstances. As a result, you'll foster commitment and meaningful connections central to your success. In addition to communicating with your peers, you’ll learn to manage interactions with superiors and senior officials as well as subordinates, communicating well with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization. Take the next step in your career and open doors to new opportunities with this versatile and universally applicable degree program.
Anticipated Start Date: Summer 2020
Ready to apply? Let’s get started. We’re here to help at every step. Here’s what you’ll need to apply to Lipscomb Online.
- High school diploma
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee or fee waiver
- Official college transcripts from all schools attended (minimum 2.0 GPA)
- Official high school transcripts (if you have less than 30 hours of college credit)
Steps to Apply
- Complete our online application. Please be sure to list each college you have previously attended.
- Request to have your transcript(s) from your previous college(s) sent directly to Lipscomb. Mail to:
One University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204
- If you have completed fewer than 30 hours of accredited college work, an official high school transcript is also required. Contact the school board where your high school is (was) located, and have them mail the transcript to Admissions at the address above.
- You may submit the $50 application fee via credit card after completing the online application, or mail a check made out to "Lipscomb University" to the address above.
Program of Study
All undergraduate students must complete these General Education Requirements.
Leadership Core (24 hours)
INST 2203 - Introduction to Research Methods
OGLD 4993 - Capstone
All of the following competencies are required, earned at the 3000 level or higher:
CORE 305V - Applied Communicativeness
CORE 312V - Applied Drive/Energy
CORE 318V - Applied Influence
CORE 326V - Applied Organizing and Planning
CORE 329V - Applied Problem Solving and Decision Making
CORE 330V - Applied Relationship Building
Upper Division Electives (6 hours)
Major Courses (27 hours)
CORE 301V - Applied Active Listening
CORE 307V - Applied Conflict Management
CORE 328V - Applied Presentation Skills
ORCO 2003 - Principles of Organizational Communication
ORCO 2013 - Communication in the Workplace
ORCO 3003 - Relational Communication
ORCO 3013 - Organizational Change
ORCO 4003 - Diversity, Leadership and Team Building
ORCO 4013 - Media and Messaging Management
Electives/Badges/Certificates (~32 hours)
Degree Type Requirements (6-8 hours)
Minimum Total for Graduation: 126 hours
Tuition & Aid
Time is precious, especially for a busy adult like yourself. That’s why Lipscomb created PACE, a personalized online program tailored to fit your career needs and busy schedule. Enroll in our eight-week SetPACE program or work on your own timeframe with our FlexPACE program.
Instead of a traditional 16-week semester, you can earn the same college credit in half the time—and at half the price of our traditional day program—through classes built for eight-week terms. SetPACE tuition is $525 per credit hour.
Personalize your pace of learning by making a one-time payment to complete courses in a four-month subscription period. Take one class a month, or ramp it up as you go—it’s up to you. FlexPACE tuition is $4,800 for a four-month subscription of courses.
Lipscomb Online offers the same high-quality degree as our traditional on-campus programs with the flexibility to fit your life at a cost that’s half the price. Earn a Lipscomb education in a way that fits your budget through financial aid opportunities like scholarships, grants, loans and part-time employment.
- Grants: You may qualify for federal grants, such as the Pell Grant, or grants from other sources specific to your program of study and personal background.
- Loans: Finance your education through one or more loans, either from the federal government or a private lender, that you can repay after college.
- Scholarships: Depending on your credentials, you may qualify for scholarships from federal, state and other sources.
- Tuition Discounts: If your employer offers tuition assistance or has a corporate partnership with Lipscomb University, you may be eligible for an application fee waiver and reduced tuition.
- Military Benefits: Veterans, military members and their families attending Lipscomb may qualify for a variety of aid, including scholarships, stipends and tuition assistance.