Earn your degree with the convenience and affordability of Lipscomb Online.
You want to be a hospitality and entertainment management pro—the one making the magic so people can gather, celebrate and enjoy unique experiences in adventure all over the globe. Even in a challenging economic climate, the hospitality and entertainment industry is a dynamic field woven into the fabric of cities across the country and around the world, including the cities Lipscomb calls home—Nashville, Tennessee, and Austin, Texas. In fact, one in 10 jobs worldwide functions in hospitality, entertainment and tourism. Moreover, Tennessee saw almost 11% growth in positions that require a bachelor’s degree in hospitality last year, and that growth is projected to continue nationwide over the next decade.
Prepare to take the lead working for a major hospitality and entertainment company like Disney or Gaylord, helping create engaging and memorable experiences for their loyal customers. In our program, you will learn to lead with a servant heart, a creative and collaborative mindset and an entrepreneurial spirit. Take your idea to start your own company, choose to or work domestically or abroad in management areas like guest relations, finance, events, marketing or sales for destinations and businesses that support them. When you earn your degree from Lipscomb Online, you’ll be ready to take your next step in this exciting industry.
Ready to apply? Let’s get started. We’re here to help at every step. Here’s what you’ll need to apply to Lipscomb Online.
- High school diploma
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee or fee waiver
- Official college transcripts from all schools attended (minimum 2.0 GPA)
- Official high school transcripts (if you have less than 30 hours of college credit)
Steps to Apply
- Complete our online application. Please be sure to list each college you have previously attended.
- Request to have your transcript(s) from your previous college(s) sent directly to Lipscomb. Mail to:
One University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204
- If you have completed fewer than 30 hours of accredited college work, an official high school transcript is also required. Contact the school board where your high school is (was) located, and have them mail the transcript to Admissions at the address above.
- You may submit the $50 application fee via credit card after completing the online application, or mail a check made out to "Lipscomb University" to the address above.
Program of Study
All undergraduate students must complete these General Education Requirements.
Business Core (33 hours)
PSDT 1013 Data Management Systems for Organizations
MA 2003 Introductory Statistics
ORCO 2013 Communication in the Workplace
PSAC 2103 Introduction to Accounting
PSEC 2003 Economic Concepts for Leaders
PSMK 2013 Marketing Concepts for Leaders
PSMG 2013 Management Principles for Leaders
PSMG 2503 Principles of Business
PSAC 3013 Accounting for Managerial Decisions
PSFI 3023 Fundamentals of Finance
PSMG 3033 Legal Issues in the Business Environment
Hospitality Major Courses (24 hours)
HOSP 1003 Hospitality and Tourism
HOSP 2013 Hotel and Resort Management
CXE 3003 Customer Experience Strategy
EM 3003 Entertainment Management
HOSP 3003 Revenue Management
HOSP 3023 Special Events Management
SPL 4003 Quality Management and Lean Six Sigma
HOSP 4993 Hospitality Senior Project
Degree Type Requirements (6-8 hours)
Electives (23-25 hours)
Minimum Total for Graduation: 126 hours
Tuition & Aid
Time is precious, especially for a busy adult like yourself. That’s why Lipscomb created SetPACE, a personalized online program tailored to fit your career needs and busy schedule.
Instead of a traditional 16-week semester, you can earn the same college credit in half the time—and at half the price of our traditional day program—through classes built for eight-week terms. SetPACE tuition is $525 per credit hour.
In addition, you can earn up to 30 credit hours in one day through a behavioral assessment in our CORE Competency Assessment Center.
Lipscomb Online offers the same high-quality degree as our traditional on-campus programs with the flexibility to fit your life at a cost that’s half the price. Earn a Lipscomb education in a way that fits your budget through financial aid opportunities like scholarships, grants, loans and part-time employment.
- Grants: You may qualify for federal grants, such as the Pell Grant, or grants from other sources specific to your program of study and personal background.
- Loans: Finance your education through one or more loans, either from the federal government or a private lender, that you can repay after college.
- Scholarships: Depending on your credentials, you may qualify for scholarships from federal, state and other sources.
- Tuition Discounts: If your employer offers tuition assistance or has a corporate partnership with Lipscomb University, you may be eligible for an application fee waiver and reduced tuition.
- Military Benefits: Veterans, military members and their families attending Lipscomb may qualify for a variety of aid, including scholarships, stipends and tuition assistance.