Earn your degree with the convenience and affordability of Lipscomb Online.
With the continued growth of creative arts and cultural industries, the need for professionals who can effectively lead and manage artists in this vibrant and vital space is also increasing. Entertainment and the arts provide a public good that inspires communities and creates delight, bridging differences and building connections. Cut your teeth in the entertainment arts alongside some of the most creative minds in the field with a bachelor’s degree in Entertainment Management from Lipscomb University.
This innovative degree program highlights the financial and operational aspects of the entertainment industry to produce savvy business leaders who understand the unique aspects of working in this dynamic field. Whether you want to operate an entertainment facility or manage a talented artist, you’ll build the skills to oversee all aspects of the entertainment business. And with the guidance of experienced faculty who have connections in Music City, you’ll have access to Nashville’s booming arts and entertainment scene. Let us equip you to launch your career in this exciting industry.
Ready to apply? Let’s get started. We’re here to help at every step. Here’s what you’ll need to apply to Lipscomb Online.
- High school diploma
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee or fee waiver
- Official college transcripts from all schools attended (minimum 2.0 GPA)
- Official high school transcripts (if you have less than 30 hours of college credit)
Steps to Apply
- Complete our online application. Please be sure to list each college you have previously attended.
- Request to have your transcript(s) from your previous college(s) sent directly to Lipscomb. Mail to:
One University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204
- If you have completed fewer than 30 hours of accredited college work, an official high school transcript is also required. Contact the school board where your high school is (was) located, and have them mail the transcript to Admissions at the address above.
- You may submit the $50 application fee via credit card after completing the online application, or mail a check made out to "Lipscomb University" to the address above.
Program of Study
All undergraduate students must complete these General Education Requirements.
Leadership Core (24 hours)
INST 2203 - Introduction to Research Methods
OGLD 4993 - Capstone
All of the following competencies are required, earned at the 3000 level or higher:
CORE 305V - Applied Communicativeness
CORE 312V - Applied Drive/Energy
CORE 318V - Applied Influence
CORE 326V - Applied Organizing and Planning
CORE 329V - Applied Problem Solving and Decision Making
CORE 330V - Applied Relationship Building
Upper Division Electives (6 hours)
Major Courses (18 hours)
EM 2003 - Nonprofit Arts Management
EM 3003 - Entertainment Management
EM 4003 - Entrepreneurship in the Arts
PSMG 3023 - Servant Leadership
PSMG 2013 - Management Principles for Leaders
PSMK 2013 - Marketing Concepts for Leaders
Electives/Badges/Certificates (3+ hours)
Degree Type Requirements (6-8 hours)
Minimum Total for Graduation: 126 hours
Tuition & Aid
Time is precious, especially for a busy adult like yourself. That’s why Lipscomb created PACE, a personalized online program tailored to fit your career needs and busy schedule. Enroll in our eight-week SetPACE program or work on your own timeframe with our FlexPACE program.
Instead of a traditional 16-week semester, you can earn the same college credit in half the time—and at half the price of our traditional day program—through classes built for eight-week terms. SetPACE tuition is $525 per credit hour.
Personalize your pace of learning by making a one-time payment to complete courses in a four-month subscription period. Take one class a month, or ramp it up as you go—it’s up to you. FlexPACE tuition is $4,800 for a four-month subscription of courses.
In addition, you can earn up to 30 credit hours in one day through a behavioral assessment in our CORE Competency Assessment Center.
Lipscomb Online offers the same high-quality degree as our traditional on-campus programs with the flexibility to fit your life at a cost that’s half the price. Earn a Lipscomb education in a way that fits your budget through financial aid opportunities like scholarships, grants, loans and part-time employment.
- Grants: You may qualify for federal grants, such as the Pell Grant, or grants from other sources specific to your program of study and personal background.
- Loans: Finance your education through one or more loans, either from the federal government or a private lender, that you can repay after college.
- Scholarships: Depending on your credentials, you may qualify for scholarships from federal, state and other sources.
- Tuition Discounts: If your employer offers tuition assistance or has a corporate partnership with Lipscomb University, you may be eligible for an application fee waiver and reduced tuition.
- Military Benefits: Veterans, military members and their families attending Lipscomb may qualify for a variety of aid, including scholarships, stipends and tuition assistance.