Advance your career with the convenience and affordability of Lipscomb Online.
You believe in stewarding the Earth, so advance your knowledge with one of the top sustainability programs in the South. Learn the science of sustainability and help both businesses and people transform careless behaviors into mindful habits. Gain field experience to see how theories become tangible and how problems become solutions. Our expert faculty will guide you through green building and sustainable development. You'll learn about what makes sustainable earth systems successful. From conflict management to change management, our project-based learning will sharpen your mindset. Let us put you on the path to make a difference in your own community.
As you study renewable earth systems, resource allocation and emerging technologies, you'll gain the knowledge to provoke societal change. No matter your academic or professional background, sustainability impacts your future. Businesses and organizations will value your insight on corporate responsibility, which will propel you to global leadership. By the time you’re finished, you’ll be equipped with a holistic approach that helps focus on the triple bottom line: people, profit and planet. Add regenerative energy to your community and the world.
Choose from 9 technical certificates or the full MS degree. Earn specialized skills, invigorate your career, attract new clients, reduce liability and business risk or create a new organizational initiative to impress your boss. All certificates and all courses count toward the master of science. You can also work full-time and learn on-line or on-campus or both within the same course when your workload or learning style requires it!
Ready to apply? Let’s get started. We’re here to help at every step. Here’s what you’ll need to apply to Lipscomb Online.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee or fee waiver
- Official college transcripts from all schools attended (minimum 2.5 GPA)
- Two professional recommendations
- Interview with faculty
If your undergraduate GPA is below 2.5, please provide a standardized test score or evidence of substantive professional experience.
Steps to Apply
Follow these simple steps to submit your application for admission:
- Complete our online application. Please be sure to list each college you have previously attended.
- Request to have your transcript(s) from all previous schools and colleges sent directly to Lipscomb. Mail to:
One University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204
- You may submit the $50 application fee via credit card after completing the online application, or mail a check made out to “Lipscomb University” to the address above.
- SU 6003 - Sustainable Earth Systems
- SU 6023 - Sustainable Enterprise
- SU 6053 - Society, Environment, and Change
- SU 6113 - Principles of Applied Sustainability
*Add 1 elective from below to earn the 15 hour certificate.
- SU 6033 - Special Topics in Sustainability
- SU 6083 - Professional Experience and Study in Sustainability
- SU 6103 - Creation Care and Spiritual Formation
- SU 6123 - Green Building Design, Construction & Operation
- SU 6133 - Renewable Energy Options and Design Applications
- SU 6143 - Sustainable Food Practice
- SU 6183 - Urban planning for sustainability and resilience
- SU 6193 - Water management for sustainability and resilience
SU 609V - Sustainability Travel to [Destination] - Required for on-campus students
*Choose 3 courses above for technical certificates or 5 for the MS, per the grad catalog.
Final MS Course
- SU 6043 - Capstone Project in Sustainability
* All courses count toward the Master of Science in Sustainability degree.
** Sustainability Technical Certificates are 9 hours; the MS is 30 hours.
*** The MS/MBA dual degrees are 24 hours each for 48 hours total (instead of the normal 66 hours separately).
**** MBA courses are only offered on-campus.
Tuition & Aid
Time is precious, especially for a busy adult like yourself. That’s why Lipscomb created personalized online programs tailored to fit your career needs and busy schedule. Lipscomb Online offers the same high-quality degree as our traditional on-campus programs with the flexibility to fit your life. Tuition is $899 per credit hour.
Earn a Lipscomb education in a way that fits your budget through financial aid opportunities like scholarships, grants, loans and part-time employment.
- Grants: You may qualify for federal grants or grants from other sources specific to your program of study and personal background.
- Loans: Finance your education through one or more loans, either from the federal government or a private lender, that you can repay after college.
- Scholarships: Depending on your credentials, you may qualify for scholarships from federal, state and other sources.
- Tuition Discounts: If your employer offers tuition assistance or has a corporate partnership with Lipscomb University, you may be eligible for an application fee waiver and reduced tuition.
- Military Benefits: Veterans, military members and their families attending Lipscomb may qualify for a variety of aid, including scholarships, stipends and tuition assistance.