Available Beginning Fall 2022
Advance your career with the convenience and affordability of Lipscomb Online.
Become an effective leader, equipped with the practical knowledge and skills to affect positive change. Improve the lives of individuals and uplift communities to create greater opportunities and a better future for everyone.
The Master of Public Administration is the most recognized degree in the field of public service, and Lipscomb's online MPA degree program will prepare you for a career in public service, work in local, state and federal government or as part of a nonprofit organization. Our experienced and credentialed faculty emphasize servant leadership in a faith-based approach to education. When you graduate, you’ll have the skills to serve your community and enjoy career fulfillment through meaningful work that makes a difference in the lives of those around you.
Ready to apply? Let’s get started. We’re here to help at every step. Here’s what you’ll need to apply to Lipscomb Online.
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee or fee waiver
- Official college transcripts from all schools attended (minimum 2.5 GPA)
- Two professional recommendations
- Interview with faculty
If your undergraduate GPA is below 2.5, please provide a standardized test score or evidence of substantive professional experience.
Steps to Apply
Follow these simple steps to submit your application for admission:
- Complete our online application. Please be sure to list each college you have previously attended.
- Request to have your transcript(s) from all previous schools and colleges sent directly to Lipscomb. Mail to:
One University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204
- You may submit the $50 application fee via credit card after completing the online application, or mail a check made out to “Lipscomb University” to the address above.
Within the core MPA curriculum, students will take courses in the following areas:
- Leadership of the Public Administration Sector
- Organizational Theory
- Public Finance and Budgeting
- Policy Analysis
- Quantitative and Qualitative Methods
- Conflict Resolution
- Political Economy
- Public Personnel Management
- and more!
Quantitative Methods sequences are taught with an emphasis on policy applications over pure theory.
Course sequence and specific courses descriptions are coming soon. Individual degree plans will be designed for your specific academic journey based the schedule of course offerings, your personal career interests and conversations between you and your academic advisor.
Tuition & Aid
Time is precious, especially for a busy adult like yourself. That’s why Lipscomb created personalized online programs tailored to fit your career needs and busy schedule. Lipscomb Online offers the same high-quality degree as our traditional on-campus programs with the flexibility to fit your life. Tuition is $899 per credit hour.
Earn a Lipscomb education in a way that fits your budget through financial aid opportunities like scholarships, grants, loans and part-time employment.
- Grants: You may qualify for federal grants or grants from other sources specific to your program of study and personal background.
- Loans: Finance your education through one or more loans, either from the federal government or a private lender, that you can repay after college.
- Scholarships: Depending on your credentials, you may qualify for scholarships from federal, state and other sources.
- Tuition Discounts: If your employer offers tuition assistance or has a corporate partnership with Lipscomb University, you may be eligible for an application fee waiver and reduced tuition.
- Military Benefits: Veterans, military members and their families attending Lipscomb may qualify for a variety of aid, including scholarships, stipends and tuition assistance.