Advance your career with the convenience and affordability of Lipscomb Online.
As a leader, your most valuable resources are the people you lead. And leading people requires developing people. Leadership coaching provides a framework for developing people at every level in your organization through relational leadership. By coming alongside those who report to you and providing inspiration to pursue continuous improvement, leadership coaching contributes to the success of individuals and organizations.
Lipscomb University’s graduate certificate program in Leadership Coaching is recognized by the International Coach Federation (ICF) for Approved Coach Specific Training Hours, which, upon completion, allow you to apply for your ICF Associate Certified Coach (ACC) credential. With courses in active listening, somatics, ethics and self-as-leader, you’ll learn to use coaching for the transformation of self and your organization. Advance your leadership capability with direction from top coaches and management experts to develop your leadership potential, giving more deeply from yourself to others.
Ready to apply? Let’s get started. We’re here to help at every step. Here’s what you’ll need to apply to Lipscomb Online.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee or fee waiver
- Official college transcripts from all schools attended (minimum 2.5 GPA)
- Two professional recommendations
- Interview with faculty
If your undergraduate GPA is below 2.5, please provide a standardized test score or evidence of substantive professional experience.
Steps to Apply
Follow these simple steps to submit your application for admission:
- Complete our online application. Please be sure to list each college you have previously attended.
- Request to have your transcript(s) from all previous schools and colleges sent directly to Lipscomb. Mail to:
One University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204
- You may submit the $50 application fee via credit card after completing the online application, or mail a check made out to “Lipscomb University” to the address above.
Program of Study
The 15-hour Leadership Coaching Certificate can stand alone as a graduate credential.
Leadership Coaching Certificate (15 hours)
LECO 5023 - Active Listening and Somatics
Effective performers frequently mentor others in active listening skills and are sought for roles requiring advanced listening skills. Active listening includes somatics, observation and engagement of our whole person, which includes learning how our body and the body of our client responds as the learning relationship for the purpose of change between coach and client is developed.
LECO 5033 - Foundations of Ethical Coaching
This course will examine the role of the coach and application of ethics and standards in the professional coaching environment. Students will develop knowledge of resources and skills needed to meet ethical guidelines and professional standards, establish the coaching agreement as well as trust and intimacy with the client, and handle ethical dilemmas in a coach-client relationship.
LECO 5633 - Applied Coaching Skills
In this self-paced, competency-based, coach-enhanced course, students will study cases, conduct job (or community) embedded projects, role play situations, conduct peer coaching conversations, lead work teams and work with a coach to develop and demonstrate the competencies of talent development, leader identification and team management.
OGLD 5413 - Individual and Socio-cultural Skills
This course builds upon the personal competencies of self-objectivity, learning agility, change mastery and composure as well as the social competencies of relationship building, information sharing and social awareness to develop leadership agility in vision, influence, team building and communication. Students will define, analyze and begin to develop and demonstrate the capacities for self-transformation, self-contextualization, omnicompetence, gifts of spiritual leadership, ethnorelativism and transcendence.
OGLD 5613 - Leadership Seminar
This course creates the conceptual framework for leadership with readings from classic leadership texts and study of great leaders. This course will survey leadership styles and applications in a real world context.
Tuition & Aid
Time is precious, especially for a busy adult like yourself. That’s why Lipscomb created personalized online programs tailored to fit your career needs and busy schedule. Lipscomb Online offers the same high-quality degree as our traditional on-campus programs with the flexibility to fit your life. Tuition is $899 per credit hour.
Earn a Lipscomb education in a way that fits your budget through financial aid opportunities like scholarships, grants, loans and part-time employment.
- Grants: You may qualify for federal grants or grants from other sources specific to your program of study and personal background.
- Loans: Finance your education through one or more loans, either from the federal government or a private lender, that you can repay after college.
- Scholarships: Depending on your credentials, you may qualify for scholarships from federal, state and other sources.
- Tuition Discounts: If your employer offers tuition assistance or has a corporate partnership with Lipscomb University, you may be eligible for an application fee waiver and reduced tuition.
- Military Benefits: Veterans, military members and their families attending Lipscomb may qualify for a variety of aid, including scholarships, stipends and tuition assistance.