A program recognized for quality.
At Lipscomb, you join a nursing program that has been recognized by the industry’s most demanding organizations and regulators as top quality. The program holds accreditation from the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and has received multiple superior ratings from the Tennessee Board of Nursing at its regular site visits. The overall 2017 first-time NCLEX-RN pass rate is 95.2 percent.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is comprised of four semesters of prerequisite courses that are the foundation for the upper-division nursing courses taught the following four semesters. After completing the four semesters of prerequisite courses, you must then formally apply, gain acceptance to the nursing program and complete four semesters of classroom, lab and clinical education to be awarded a B.S.N. degree.
A program committed to creating service-minded leaders in health care.
The mission of the School of Nursing at Lipscomb is to educate baccalaureate nurses to be leaders in providing service to humanity as evidenced by quality, compassionate care that is focused on the holistic needs of patients and their families in the community.
- We develop and nurture student-centered learning for academic success.
- We encourage a Christian environment where we mentor, support and impact students, staff and faculty.
- We promote personal and professional integrity to create a safe and trusting environment.
- We assist and support each other as we strive to achieve common goals.
- We recognize and embrace our local and global community.