Here’s how to make a living from your passion for community building
Whether your dream is a career in policy, or a life’s work dedicated to a nonprofit cause, a career in elected office or making your mark through community engagement or corporate social responsibility, there is a degree program in the College of Leadership & Public Service that will prepare you for the first day on that job.
Through community engagement and collaboration that takes you through theory-to-practice curriculum, you will graduate being able to improve the lives of citizens in a positive and sustainable way.
- Emphases in Cross-Sector Collaboration and Nonprofit Leadership.
- Develop and implement a community project.
- Weekend classes. Finish with your Master's in 15 months.
The Lipscomb University Institute for Conflict Management assembles the best thinkers from a wide range of fields—law, business, sociology—to examine why conflicts arise.
- Gain a deeper understanding of how to negotiate and diffuse conflict and learn from experts in the field what it takes to create consensus and community.
- Customize your graduate education; choose to earn a Master of Arts or a Graduate Certificate.
- Classes are only offered on the weekends and the program is self-paced.
Lipscomb University’s Master of Leadership and Public Service program helps you to take your passion and actualize it into powerful action through high-level, policy driven solutions.
- Earn your Master's in 12 months.
- We use Nashville as our primary laboratory and incorporate travel to gain an understanding of the impact policies can have on communities.
- Gain the policy, political and community understanding needed to make progress on tough issues.
Earn your stripes as a green leader. Whether you follow your professional passion to the business, government, or nonprofit sector the skills you learn here will travel with you and make you an invaluable asset to any organization.
- Each of the three programs (M.S., Graduate Certificate, or dual degree MBA/M.S.) offer core principles for the sustainability of people, planet, and prosperity.
- Students benefit from mentorship via academic and professional development planning to guide career preparation.
- Courses meet on evenings and weekends. Move through your graduate program at a self-determined pace.