Here’s how to make a living from your passion for community building
Whether your dream is a career in policy, or a life’s work dedicated to advocacy, a career in elected office or making your mark through community engagement or corporate social responsibility, there is a degree program in the College of Leadership & Public Service that will prepare you for the first day on that job.
Learn more below.
The Lipscomb University Institute for Conflict Management assembles the best thinkers from a wide range of fields—law, business, sociology—to examine why conflicts arise.
- Gain a deeper understanding of how to negotiate and diffuse conflict and learn from experts in the field what it takes to create consensus and community.
- Customize your graduate education; choose to earn a Master of Arts or a Graduate Certificate.
- Classes are only offered on the weekends and the program is self-paced.
Leadership & Public Service
Lipscomb University’s Master of Leadership and Public Service program helps you to take your passion and actualize it into powerful action through high-level, policy driven solutions.
- Earn your Master's in 12 months.
- We use Nashville as our primary laboratory and incorporate travel to gain an understanding of the impact policies can have on communities.
- Gain the policy, political and community understanding needed to make progress on tough issues.
Earn your stripes as a green leader, now offered fully Online. Whether you follow your professional passion to the business, government, or nonprofit sector the skills you learn here will travel with you and make you an invaluable asset to any organization.
- Each of the three programs (M.S., Graduate Certificate, or dual degree MBA/M.S.) offer core principles for the sustainability of people, planet, and prosperity.
- Students benefit from mentorship via academic and professional development planning to guide career preparation.
- Courses meet on evenings and weekends or choose our fully online program. Move through your graduate program at a self-determined pace.
But, don't just take our word for it!
Hear from some of our alumni from our graduate programs.
With a background in human resources, Peggy was influenced and transformed by the Conflict Management program at Lipscomb. In addition to her roles as a human resources agent, she is now also working as a Community Involvement Team Leader Cummins Inc.
Leadership & Public Service
Chassity graduated as a part of the inaugural Leadership and Public Service cohort. Before her time at Lipscomb she served as a City Commissioner in her hometown of Collinwood, Tennessee, and has since gone on to work as a Community Development Specialist at the South Central Tennessee Development District. Hear what she has to say about her experience earning her Master of Arts in Leadership and Public Service.
Whether, it is in the non-profit, customer service, or corporate industry, we have sustainability graduates everywhere. Hear from a variety of sustainability practitioners who have graduated from Lipscomb's Sustainable Practice graduate program.